Review by RYUisHAX

"Oh, Look what God did, he created man, and Kojima created perfection."

Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence

The Low Down, Down Under…

After purchasing Our Great Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Limited Edition for Our Great PS2 I was amazed to play it. The game is in the elite of the best of the best of what Our Great PS2 has to offer. Our Great MGS3 is almost perfect, but is a perfect example of what a fully immersive storytelling game should be. This Kojima masterpiece put some of the top RPGs in history to shame story wise. The game is so versatile it shouldn't just be called a stealth game, but instead the game with every bit of everything.
You may be wondering why I'm calling things “Our Great”, but that's because the game, and console are so great and that's the truth without stretching it. There is no denying that Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriot will have a lot to top

Presentation: The presentation was amazingly done, with the cut scenes well done. In game cut scenes helped unfold the complex story. Codec conversations gave an alternate way of advancing in a game. 10/10

Graphics: The graphics for Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence prove that the Our Great PS2 is not that far behind in graphics. In fact the graphics in Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence are on par with games such as Half- Life 2 on a maxed out PC. There are no pop- ups, and the texture is amazing. The new camera fixes all the problems that were supposedly wrong with the series. The camera is great, and makes it feel like you're playing a brand new game. You can move the camera around which helps to see around corners and when aiming your weapon. Blood is awesomely done yet again. Kojima seems to never let us down with the blood. 10/10

Sound: Sound is what helps this game out the most. The sound is so great that it makes the beeps and bops in Nintendo games look bad. When sneaking around in Subsistence you will wind that if you use the control pad instead of the joy-stick, Snake will move much slower to make for a much more quite approach. The AP system sounds amazing and is on par with Nintendo voice acting. You can also hear the grass move when snakes shimmy through the grass. 10/10

Game play: The game play is hardly the same as every other Metal Gear game thanks to the new camera. Plus with the addition of camo patterns to help disguise, and blend, Metal Gear Solid 3S game play just hit a new high. You enter into the menu to select from the camo options presented to you. There are also downloadable cameos to choose. New weapons and new equipment are available for your pleasure. The shot gun is a great way to witness the incredible detail in blood- work.
There is so much more to the game play, for instance CQC. You can sneak up behind an enemy and cut their throat. Last but not least is the addition of online play, simply amazing. 10/10

Story: I'll give no spoilers, but the story is amazing though a lack in the information provided to us for the bosses is a big let down. 10/10

Hesh's Last Say: With the great things added such as Metal Gear 1-2 for the MSX, the theater to view cut scenes, and other nice features I'm going to have to request that everybody with a PS2 to buy this game.

My Overall score for MGS3…

10/10

This has been a Hesh The King Of Pwn Production.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 05/23/06