Review by demonslay113

"Rock hard, Rock On... Just dont smash the guitar!"

Although I haven't completed the game yet I found it very addicting and all the songs are a true classic. With all the great songs like I Love Rock N' Roll, Cochise and a lot more this makes the game a tremendous hit. I'm not making this an unfair review i'm just here to get you to buy this game and give you a good reason why you should buy this game and some bad reasons as well.

Controls - 9/10

The controls are phenomenal main reason is that redOctane bring out a guitar with the game, which is unlike another company, but seeing as this is the first guitar game that I've played. There's 5 buttons, which I find incredibly hard to press the very last button, which is the orange. The reason I didn't rate the controls a 10/10 was because when you try to buy another guitar you have to buy another game with it which is just stupid... and not to forget the left handed buttons for left handers you have to constantly go back and change it to left handed flick to change the buttons so it matches left handers. So the final verdict for the controls is a 9 out of 10.

Sound - 10/10

The sound has obviously got to be the best thing about the game with Over 30 different songs each one really good and most amazing solo's making you look at rock differently. This brings you back to the 80's where the entire major concerts with Jimi Hendrix and Alice Cooper. It was said in the magazine that it would have November rain in it but after long hours of game play I still didn't get to play November rain. Anyways the sound is definetly the best thing about the game which would make it a 10 out of 10.

Game play - 9/10

You can't really say much on the game play as its just play a song good enough and you can do the next one... I still find it really hard to get the easiest song on there to 100% completion I always get 98% or 97%. Its really simple you just play the song you strike the buttons in like a dance arcade machine game and unlock new guitars, new people and new arenas. I would have to rate the game play 9/10, as it is really addictive.

Graphics - 10/10

This game has got amazing graphics with every bit of detail just perfected. The crowd is all 3d and amazing instead of normal crowd being just bits of cardboard that move up and down they now throw stuff at you if you cant play. RedOctane has also put it major detail into the stage with all the guitars and band fully visualised to great graphics. This game has got really great graphics but strongly they have made some of the characters look really weird.

Overall - 10/10

Even if you don't like rock this game is a must buy, with the old classic rock songs taking you back to the old days. Kids that like rock now will have to make this a must buy as this game will be not just addictive but start you off on your want to-be rock star. You really have to play this game to experience it. Hopefully guitar hero II is going to be just as good as this one and who knows it may even be better.

You have to have a lot of time to play this game so I would suggest set a date, bring your friends over, turn the volume up to 11 and bring the roof down... Remember that its only a game your not going to be a new slash even if you complete the game 100% which is practically impossible making this game even better for its lifespan.

Controls - 8/10
Sound - 10/10
Game play - 9/10
Graphics - 10/10
Overall - 10/10

Pros
- Great music to listen to while playing this game
- Amazing life span as its addictive
- You get a guitar when buying the game
- Starts you off on your rock career

Cons
- You have to pay for the guitar as well as the game
- Guitar is easily broken
- Too addictive

Thanks for reading,