Review by Def Freak7

"This puts all other music and rhythm games to shame! SHAME!"

When the first DDR came out, I have to admit I was impressed. However, now the genre of music based games is getting stale. Sure PaRappa and Karaoke Revolution kept it interesting for a while, but we're all really running out of ideas. Now comes one last shot to renovate the genre with Guitar Hero.
(EXPECTED ROCK PUN ALERT)
And, well...IT ROCKS!!!!

GRAPHICS: 7/10
OK, they really didn't need to make this area great, so I'm not blaming these guys for not being outstanding here. Yeah sure, the arenas and characters look nice the first time, but you're probably not even paying attention to them when you're playing this game. The menu screens kind of set the mood with what this game is, so we've got something good here. Other than that, there's really nothing much to say about this area.

SOUND: 10/10
Hm, we're gonna make a game called Guitar Hero, is the sound gonna be good?
DDDDDUUUUUUHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This game's music is excellent. They went to all the different genres of rock to get some great tunes to put in this game, and they did a heck of a job. They got songs for everybody, with the classics (Hit Me With Your Best Shot), to alternative (Take Me Out), Metal (Symphony of Destruction), and KISS (I Love Rock 'N Roll)! All of these songs I loved, although admittedly some I've never heard of. Also, how well you do in the game affects the actual soundtrack as it's going. This is an element that they needed from PaRappa. Then you'd know that you're doing badly. You'd be hard pressed to find a complaint about this game, although I'm sure perfectionists would complain about they need more songs. But that's just being picky. Kudos guys!

GAMEPLAY: 10/10
You talk about addicting gameplay? This is the KING of addicting gameplay. When you get the game, it comes with this guitar shaped controller, which you use to actually play the game. This is definitely something new and fun to do. Plus, there are different skill levels to either make you a pansy background guitar player, or the rocking soloist! See, you have 5 strum buttons at the top of the guitar, and the pick at the bottom, and everytime a note come flying by, you've got to press the strum button and hit the pick at the same time to do it. Sounds easy now, but wait til you do it in gameplay! And while this game may be a little bit pricier than others, it's still a great addition for those looking to rock out.

OVERALL:
Anyone who thought this genre was dying was right, but now we've shown that it's not going down without a fight.
FINAL SCORE: 10/10