Review by PS2boy82284

"Nothing like it!!"

I have been a fan of the SmackDown! titles on PSone and Playstation 2. Ever since Smackdown! debuted on UPN, I have been hooked! When the first game came out, I had to have it, and it was good. When the second came out, I had to have it as well, and it was good. When I got my first Playstation 2, the first title I bought for it was WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth. I now own every SmackDown! game to date. Each one gets better and better with graphics, gameplay, content, etc. I watch wrestling on TV and keep track of what goes on at WWE.com, and you could say I'm a Fanatic. I live this. And like they say, it is a way of life.

Graphics-10/10
I have never seen graphics this good on a Playstation 2 game in a while. The detail that went into each character is amazing. You can see Batista's veins coming out of his arms, each tattoo on The Undertaker is placed in each exact point, I mean there is so much attention to detail that it's scary. At one point, I forgot that I was playing the game.

Sound-7/10
The sound quality was alright. Not the best that I've seen, but for what it was, it's okay. They could've had a better selection on the Menu music, but the entrance themes for each character was right where it was supposed to be. My only thing with that, is how the entrance music loops (repeats after a certain point) and doesn't go all the way through. I have a feeling they'll fix that for 07 on the next-gen consoles.

Modes-10/10
With a new game, there's always new matches, game modes, and additions to your old favorites. With the match types, they've added 4, 5, and 6 man over the top battle royals (Royal Rumble style), giving a new sense of realism. A pretty good addition is the Fulfill Your Fantasy (FYF) match. A slight modification on the Bra and Panties match, but still good. But the added match that wins me over is the Buried Alive/Casket match. Beat your opponent down, and then get rid of him. What better way to do that than with a Buried Alive match?

Create modes have gotten a shift in direction as well. More detail for you superstar makes him/her look better than ever before. And to add on to that, males have voice over for them that makes having a created wrestler worth having. Also, you can make a custom entrance for them in the Create an Entrance (CAE) mode.

Season Mode-8/10
The different plot twists in season mode, whether on Raw or SmackDown!, always left me wondering: "What's gonna happen next?" All of the storylines have either happened, are in the process of happening, or will eventually. But to see it on a game before it actually happens is amazing. WWE and THQ/Yukes really took their time on this one.

GM Mode-7/10
This is one of those modes that you have to play with a friend. Only one word can describe this mode: Competition. Controlling either Raw or SmackDown!, try to get the most fans on your show, stealing fans from the other, and setting up five star matches is the aim of the game. And it doesn't hurt to have a little creativity/imagination. Set your matches your way (and at the same time, you create rivalries; only singles, not tag rivalries). Put a title on the line, and keep an eye on injuries, player moral, and specialty matches. Also, play to the crowd. If you're in Pittsburgh, make sure that (if you have him) Kurt Angle is there to light up the night.

Final Result: 8.4 out of 10. I haven't been able to explore the online mode, but if I had, the score would've been a lot higher. Overall, it's a game/force to be reconed with. Right now, nothing can touch it. And until another SvR comes out, nothing will.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/16/06