Review by demonslay113

"Greatest WWE game ever"

WWE Smackdown! vs. RAW 2006 has to be one of the most magnificent games I've ever played on the Ps2. I've been a wrestling fan for a long time and this being the third wwe game I've bought it just surprised me how much it improved since the 2005 edition. Even if you don't like wrestling, you still have to try playing this game the AI are perfect and adjustable to your skills, and everything else that I'm going to be writing in this review will make you want to buy this game.

Storyline - 9/10

The storyline in SVR 2006 is superb as it gives you 1 year of a wwe career and so many different ways depending on if you win a match or not and what opponent you will be facing at the grandest stage of them all wrestlemania.
The way the storyline is set up makes a perfect reason to buy the game. With over 25 superstars from each brands that have a storyline and even legends to do the storyline with even though it doesn't have the wonderful divas for storylines but I'm sure on smackdown vs. raw 2007 they should do that. Not to forget one of the most fun thing to do on the game is general manager mode where you can choose what brand you want smackdown or raw and what superstars you want but you cant get all of the good superstars you only get one pick at a time while the other brand gets a pick as well. At first when I played general manager mode I wasn't to impressed but when I got into it and started playing most of the matches and introduced some of the legends into my brand it got a whole more interesting that I first thought it was.

Graphic - 8/10

There's not really much you can complain about the graphics in SVR 2006 apart from the small bits. The way they have given Everyone's muscles a huge realistic effect and the hair looks a bit more real than it used to on the 2005 edition of the game. The crowds still have the cardboard graphics but that's not necessary because they can still hold up the cardboard signs that have a sense of humour to them like "the person behind me can't see" which I think was funny the first time I saw it. I would have to rate the graphics 8/10.

Sound - 6/10

Well well well, the most disappointing thing about the game would have to be the sound. Sure they do have commentary but after playing the game for about 100 hours have just gotten repetitive and annoying when JR tries to disrespect your favourite wrestler but saying stuff like "why does hbk call him self the heartbreak kid, does he surly think has breaking hearts at his age" which can get annoying a lot of the times. The Intro music is great apart from when some people edit it that the music doesn't end it just replays and you can just tell when it happens which makes it a bit more disappointing. The menu music was aright at first but after the first 3 hours of listening to it you will realise that the music is not even good at all.

Online Play - 9/10

The online play is great on SVR 2006 but it is has its bad points lets go through the bad points first. The host of SVR 2006 internet was Game spy and it keeps making me cut off after a while which leads to me not finishing the matches but if you have fast internet connection then the game wouldn't lag at, if you have bad internet connection like your computer then I guess the game play can be really laggy. The other bad thing is also the players online, some of them are either cheats where they use the Hacks which give them 99 on each stat and specials as normal moves on there CAS just makes the game very frustrating to play. On online play there's been federations in the game like wwe but called different names like MCW (Mental Championship Wrestling) which I made and hopefully going to be quite successful as the first show will be pretty soon. The fact that you can make your own federation, talk to people, get count wins and losses make the online play 9/10.

Challenges - 10/10

You can get challenges in the game where you either try to win in the most difficult situations or relive a classic match like Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit
At an ECW stage. This adds on another 1-2 hours of fun game play.
I would have to rate this extra to SVR 2006 a 10/10.

CAW - 9/10

Create-a-wrestler is fun, stupid or just trying to make a good CAW to mash your friends with online or in real life. It has a lot of accessories and stuff to create your wrester with making it the best game to make a person, compared to World Of Warcraft creating a person on SVR 2006 is a lot more interesting and a lot more verity
To it.

Moves - 7/10

The moves in SVR 2006 are great with the animations the connecting, which makes a move look good instead of those boxing games where if you punch someone in the face it doesn't look like it just looks like u punched air and made water come out of no where. Anyways there is a bad point to this and that is the unfairness of some moves where when you're in the animations you can do it over and over again and your opponent cant do nothing about it. Another bad point is one of the most obvious glitch in the game the pick up special, where you can pick your opponent up and then next move is irreversible giving this part of the game a big 7/10.

Computer/AI - 9/10

The computer and AI are amazing. When u start the AI is really easy to beat but when you get better at the game you can change the AI setting to legend mode and change the rate at which it does moves and the rate at which it reverses. This makes the game a lot harder making me give the AI rating a 9/10

Overall - 10/10

Well after all of that you would have to also give the game a 10/10 or at least try the game out whatever you are a wrestling fan or not, you have to try it out.
The game play, lifespan, graphics, online play and everything else has to be a tryout at least and I rate this game a 10 out of 10 "and that's the bottom line because the Stone Cold said so!"

Storyline - 9/10