"SvR2006 is the best WWE game yet."

Let me start off by saying that the last Smackdown! game was very disappointing. The gameplay felt unfinished, and didn't have a polished feel to it. This year, however, is different.

Gameplay 10/10
This has definitely been the area were most people gripe about. This year, Yukes has given us a much more complete game. The new "momentum" and "stamina" system makes matches much more realistic, and less cheap. Although starting out with a new wrestler can seem tedious, once you get squared off with decent stats, the match becomes much more interesting.

The GM mode was a very good idea, because it lets us live our fantasy of controlling the WWE. You have a lot of options to choose from, such as drafting the superstars of your choice, and running the show as you see fit.

The addition of "Create a Entrance", although limited, is a much welcome addition, and breathes life into the CAW system. I do wish the had original themes, and didn't have to use a song from other wrestlers. But when it comes right down to it, it doesn't really matter, as long as you look cool in your entrance.

Graphics 10/10
By far the best graphics of any wrestling game. Nearly every wrestler has been modeled perfectly. The graphics for the CAW system are also outstanding, and actually differ from each creation. The only gripe I have is they still have skin-tight clothing.

Sound 9/10
The sound is usually an area I have a problem with in the Smackdown! series. This year, it has been no problem for me. The voice-overs are ten times better than the previous Smackdown, as wrestlers actually convey emotion. The sound effects are top notch, and the announcing is much more tolerable. The music leaves something to be desired, but it can be turned off, so it doesn't matter.

Overall 9.6 (rounded to 10)

If you need your wrestling fix, look no further than WWE SmackDown! bs RAW 2006. It is as close to wrestling perfection as you can get.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/18/05