Review by charyon

"Standard dungeon crawler with super heroes"

Justice League Heroes (JLH) does nothing to improve or diminish the genre. Anyone who is familiar with dungeon crawlers such as "Baldur's Gate" will be perfectly at home here. This formula has been repeated in such super hero epics as the two "X-Men Legends" games and the more recent "Marvel Ultimate Aliance". Here is more of the same.

Graphics: 7

Good enough that you can tell who is who. the CGI cutscenes are nicely done though. I would have like to have seen more impressive level designs.

Sound: 6

The voice acting in the game is sort of a mixed bag. The actors who do Batman and Green Lantern (John Stewart) do a nice job, but the same cannot be said for the rest of the cast. The music is un-noticed and completely forgetable. The sound effects are nice, but how hard is it to do crashes and explosions?

Gameplay: 6

There's no replay value here. Once you've played through the game you've seen everything. Actually, if you've played through "X-Men Legends" you've seen most of what the game has to offer.

Story: 6

There is little story to speak of. Villains try and do something dastardly, the superheroes have to stop them. The same song and dance has been used many times for many games. Nothing new here.

Use of source material: 5

The Justice League and their powers are nicely represented. I'm a bit disappointed with some of the enemies in the game though. Besides the hordes of nameless/faceless drones in the game you also get to find such major DC villains as The Key, Killer Frost, and the White Martian Leader. The Justice League has collectively about a thousand villians and we get stuck with the Key? Granted the game does have Grodd, Brainiac, Doomsday (sort of), and Darkseid, but I wish all of the bosses were such heavy hitters.

Overall: 6

This is probably the best DC superhero game out there, but that is not saying much. Repetitive gameplay and a tired concept bring this down a notch.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 04/30/07