Question from Nagryph

How do I find Shadow Woods?

I am almost done with the game, almost ready to fight Mother, and I have not come across a single shadow wood. I've gone to the Path the the Alter area and have searched all around, in the alter area, under the tunnel way, along the bank of the river and I have not come across a single one the whole game, and I've come back periodically many times before getting to this point. Can anyone help me?

From: Xanderkun 5 years ago

This is one of the rarer enemies to find.
I encountered the same problem for a long time.
With a little luck if you go back and forth from under the tunnel way to the Save point at the Path to the Altar you will find them. It is pretty annoying but that place is your best shot. When I did it , it took me about 5 hours of gameplay to clear them. Unfortunately patience is the answer here...

As with many enemies in this game, you have to search for them for hours.
The good news is I found a few more (only about 3 more per hour) in the shadows in that area.

This is a tough enemy to find, indeed. The way I was able to make it work for me (within 45 mins no less) was to save/heal at the transporter, run 20 steps or so along the right hand wall, turn around, run along the right hand wall coming back towards the transporter, and then encounter groups of 3 or 4 of them! this worked for me until I got 17/20. At that point, they just stopped appearing altogether, so I teleported away, climbed back up, and ran into them one last time. (The tough enemy foe me to find, however, was the Stinger >_< took me 2 hours and a whole lot of patience) but best of luck, try different stuff and they'll be there eventually.