Question from Ghost9

Is it just possible to run better times with pro-mode, or are the bikes actually faster?

I read on the forum that pro-mode is faster. I'm trying to figure it if you can just run better times using it, or if the bikes are actually faster speed-wise.

Answers

ShabaKiev101 answered:

I don't think that the bikes are physically any more powerful than they usually are but using semi-pro or pro means that you have to manage tucking and manual shifting yourself. Shifting manually, although it takes practice, is actually slightly faster when done properly, and will cut milliseconds off lap times. Automatic tucking automatically tucks in at the point where there is too much drag for your rider to handle, but semi-pro allows you to tuck yourself (or not tuck in at all) at all times, whereas on rookie you can only choose to tuck on corners, or at slow speeds. Pro also allows independent braking between the front and rear wheels. I, however, don't believe that it will help you set faster times, only that it is there for realism's sake.
1 0