Review by khoop06

"Madden is still Madden"

Another great game from this franchise, with some good improvements. This game is loads of fun, and when I went to get a copy I saw that hardly anyone else had... too bad for them.

One of the new features in this game is Lead Blocking Controls. I find this option enjoyable, and a good way to keep the game from getting boring, and keeping it fresh. My only objection is that I wish you could do this in multiplayer mode, or do some pass blocking. But overall, a good addition.

Madden made changes to its NFL Superstar mode this year, but I don't know if they were good. The fact that the coach calls plays for you (and not very well) basically forces you to be a QB, because he is the only player who can change a play. The game play camera angle was annoying, and the fact you couldn't switch to your receiver to make the big catch did add realism, but also got a little annoying. One thing that really pissed me off about this mode is that if you are the QB, and you hand it off to your RB, and he gets hit for a loss it hurts your Superstar.

As usual the Franchise mode was deep, not many adjustments made to it. It is still better than Franchise mode in any other sport game in my opinion, and definitely better than Superstar mode.

This year some changes were made to just basic game play controls. On offense you control your jukes from the right analogue stick, similar to NBA Live, which I think is a good improvement. You can also choose the QB Vision on mid-play if you want, or have it not on, which is good.

Visually, the graphics were still very good, and Madden changed its in-game announcements (i.e. User Pick, User Tackle, User Catch etc.) which keeps your vision on the defenders/ offense, instead of the large letters in the middle of the screen.

As far as music and sound, the music is good. Madden 07 has a good mix of all different styles of music, which is good because your not hearing the same type of song over and over. But, sadly enough, Madden and Al Michaels left their excitement at home.

Overall, Madden is still Madden, and I recommend it for any gamer.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/01/06