Review by bladesofchaos16

"A true testament to how Football really looks, and feels..."

This is my 8th Madden game, and it's truly evolved a great deal since '95. This being my first review, I'll do my best to give it to you straight forward.

Madden has always gone as far as it could, based on the consoles power, to deliver the best graphics possible. Although this is true, most things look the same. You look the same way running as you did in the previous years, and the game seems kinda blocky in some areas. But the players look nice, and fresh, and their are some new tackle animations. The fans in the stands could use more animation though. It's the same as last year.

The addition of the new Lead Block control makes the game more realistic, as well as fun. The new Highlight Stick makes it more appropriate for both divisions of runners (Elusive, and Powerful). The new features are cool, but it's most of the same from previous years. Thankfully, that's the only thing to complain about.

It's basically the same sound as the last few years. John, and Al have most of the same lines, and the sounds of the crowd aren't changed too much either. It could use more updating. What happened to the noises the Stadiums made? For example: In Tampa Bay, They would have the Cannon go off when the Bucs scored a Touchdown or what not.

Game Modes: 9/10

They brought back Superstar Mode, with a Hall of Fame twist. Franchise Mode is fun, as usual. What I like especially, although it may have already been there before, was the chance to change around the Rosters from the Features menu. The modes are basic, yet fun, something I like :).

This game is just fun. With some minor updating, this game could blow away the rest of the NFL Franchises. Maybe a $20 price tag ;). A Madden worth playing in mine, and my friends eyes. If your looking for a simple Football Game with the chance to pull the moves of the big leaguers, this game is perfect.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/30/06