Review by bluefalcon2121

"The Addictive Greatness of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3"

To start things off on my review my basis of the review is to show people that even though you have never played any of the Shin Megami Tensei (SMT) games, that you can pick this game up and enjoy it no matter what.
I have never played one of these games and I've already got quite a few hours racked up in the game, now to the important part of this...the review:

As I stated before this is my first of the SMT games that I have played but the amount of stuff put into this game makes it really addicting. To give you a brief intro without spoiling it, you are this main character that is in highschool (yes you will endure gametime in highschool.) And as you go through the game you create social friends (aka social links) that will benefit you later in the game.

Gameplay - The gameplay is by far the reason it is addicting, there is so many things to do. You will always start something and get involved in something else and sidetrack yourself if you aren't careful. You will run along and make new friends as well as getting deeper into the relationship which benefits you later (like I said earlier about Social Links) The game so far since I have started isn't too difficult but still has parts that is pretty rough. The controls are in my eyes fine tuned and work wonderfully for the game. As well as the fighting style is turn based, you also cannot fully control your A.I. teammates in battle which is somewhat a flaw in my eyes, but doesn't totally ruin the game.

Story - Likewise for my faq I'm trying to give you some understanding but will not spoil any of the story or how the plot is, but the plot is really weird at first but as you go through you start to get comfortable and get enravled in actually wanting to know what the next turn will hold.

Graphics/Sound - Well the graphics are nothing too crazy, but do the job for this game, as likewise with sound. Some people are annoyed of the soundtrack but I think it fits well.

Play Time/Replayability - Well considering I'm a quarter way in the game and have 40 hours racked up, play time is crazy. As well as replayability you can replay with the same level/money/items as you had when you finished. Replayability is endless!!

Final Recommendation - Buy to own. I'm not to savy of rpgs, but this one is really addictive, but as I advise anyone looking into this game you can always rent before to make sure it is something you want. Also I'd like to just state that I don't really want to give too much info about the game since you will understand as you get into it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/05/07

Game Release: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (US, 08/14/07)