Review by 03J

"Your first adventure in the Marvel Universe"

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance was released for the Playstation 2 near the end of October in 2006. Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a game that features a bunch of superheros from the Marvel Universe.

The gameplay is fun with the superheros available although much are not available from the start. One thing that would have made this game more fun was deciding to noy leave the Hulk out of this game which is forgivable except they put the Hulk's human counterpart in the second mission of this game. Also the puzzles in the game were more annoying then fun.

The gameplay is pretty easy thanks to an AI that can watch over themselves so you're not worried about your teammates. Also your teammates are valuable to have because they are able to help you out if you're in a jam. The puzzles are pretty easy to figure out as well.

The controls are pretty easy. The controls are responsive to what you do and most of the time you are just going to hack and slash your way through hundred of enemies. Also there are button commands where you fight certain bosses which are also fun and easy to do.

The story in the game is The Helicarrier where all the Marvel superheros are gets attacked. Behind this plot is Dr. Doom and the Masters of Evil. This story is not the type of story that has one way to go, So based on what happens while you play the game will determine where the story goes and how the story ends.

The graphics in this game are OK. They're not the best graphics I have seen in a Playstation 2 game but they are not terrible. The sound could be better because most of the time your characters talk when they meet up with a boss, it's all text but they do talk in cutscenes.

The replayability of this game is great. There are choices to make and this game has multiple endings so this game still will be fun once you play through the game. The game's story is also long enough to get through where it's not a game that can be beaten in just a few hours.

I give Marvel: Ultimate Alliance a 9 out of 10. I don't know why they put the Hulk's human counterpart in the game but leave the Hulk himself out also and why your character's don't talk when they meet up with bosses. After those two minor problems, Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a great game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/02/10

Game Release: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (US, 10/24/06)