Review by nitehawk77

"Disappointing."

First off, let me say that I am a big Spyro fan. Or at least I used to be. I have loved the series since the first time I played the first game. I was really excited that the newest installment of the game was coming out on the ps2 instead of the ps3 (which I cannot yet afford).

But that is where my excitement ends. This game was a totally let down in almost every way. Yeah the voices are star caliber, yes the breaths and moves have been expanded on but they completely forgot to include a good story. They also forgot about large sprawling levels that you can explore and do things in.

This game is linear to the extreme! Big dragon says go here, save that and that is what you do. There is no backtracking at all. None. Once you finish a level and free the next guardian there is no going back. But really with this game what would be the point? There are no gems to collect other than crytals to amp up your breaths. There are no characters to interact with on your own. Every interaction is during a cut scene and you have no choice about anything.

Straight from point A to point B with no veering off to get lost and explore what used to be a really cool game with great levels and annoying but fun mini quests. No fairies, no theives, no annoying moneybags. Nothing. I realize that it is supposedly before all that happens but surely they could have thought something up. The only laugh this game got out of me was with the name of the volcano (boyzitbig) and the moles that lived there (Manweersmalls). Other than that it was a completely ho-hum experience and I really feel like I wasted a Saturday for nothing.

If you haven't bought this game already, DON"T! Save your money and rent it. I finished it in a day and if it wasn't for wanting to own the complete series I would sell it to a used game store.

What a dissapointment. It's too bad that Insomniac Games didn't make this one instead of Krome studios. I am sure that it would have been a much more enjoyable and well thought out game if they had.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 01/23/07