Review by ChickenBot

"Double the fun, double the excitement, and double the sponginess!"

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
SpongeBob SquarePants!

Yes, the spongiest sponge in the sea is back in this video game. And alongside him are Patrick, the dimwitted pink starfish and the unicellular one-eyed Plankton. It's bedtime for the inhabitants of Bikini Bottom, and SpongeBob is lying in his bed. And then, it turns into.... a car! Surprise, surprise! Patrick and Plankton are having their own dreams in the meantime... You'll enjoy this game as you play in control of one of the three dreamers and have the adventure of a naptime!

Graphics
8/10
The graphics have not improved much from the movie game, but it is still wonderfully designed and creatively... created. The characters have their sets of varying costumes and skins too, even though the skins they're in when they race really look messed up. Anyways, we do have some great elements: Bikini Bottom is in complete chaos when we have Giant Plankton around and is also extremely destructive when you're racxing on the tracks. Moreover, we also have Patrick's character in 3D with 2D outlines when we're in the Starfishman chapter. The artwork is also available to buy from the shop, and seeing it you'll know that the developers made quite an effort with the great game, "SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab!"

Story
7/10
Not exactly the best storyline created: Bikini Bottom is in slumber, and SpongeBob, Patrick and Plankton are having different dreams. We start off as SpongeBob, then, when he starts falling off a cliff, we play as Patrick, or Starfishman, in an impressively designed Bikini Bottom (someone's also been littering). Soon afterwards, we gain control of Plankton in his own dream, as he flees from a Krabby Patty trying to devour him. Then, SpongeBob's story resumes, then Patrick again, etc. Soon, the dreams begin to collide together, when in a Plankton chapter you control Giant Plankton and attempt to destroy Bikini Bottom, which is followed by SpongeBob's chapter where you ride a plane and try to defeat the gigant menace with it: and soon, the final showdown arrives: the creature from the Krusty Krab!

Gameplay
8/10
One of those rare platformers that bring back the feel of when great platformers like Spyro, Crash, etc. lived. Those franchises are sadly deproving, although Crash: Twinsanity was great. Anyways, we have three playable characters (with different forms): SpongeBob, Patrick and Plankton. This game successfully merges action, adventure and driving together. The fact that you can even unlock new vehicles and skins to replay levels was also a great idea. Yes, there are millions of vehicles in other games, but this game revolves around platforming 95% of the time. It is no wonder then, that this idea deserves at least some minor praise. The platforming elements are strong, and as all other platformers, requires patience. There are some extremely easy push the block puzzles, which are lengthy, so more or less, spam. But in any case, you'll have one piloting a plane, racing through the streets, and going on a wild adventure through the city as you head closer towards.... the creature from the Krusty Krab!

Audio
6/10
The one minor weak spot of this game. The music is dull and uninteresting at times, and sometimes, rarely good. The voice acting, however, is great, and the commentators send off a moderate atmosphere of a car race. Not exactly this game's greatest achievement, but it's the gameplay that counts. Right? Have fun with the..... Creature from the Krusty Krab!

Playtime/ Replayability
7/10
Go ahead, the game won't last THAT long, but a moderate amount of time. Replaying from scratch is fun if you can unlock the different skins for different characters in different levels, or with different vehicles too. Okay, sorry 'bout that, but still, I'll give playtime a 3/5 and the replayability a 4/5. Oh, and you can control all three characters when you go against.... the creature from the Krusty Krab!

Should I Buy It?
Yes, you should. The game has been greatly created and in my opinion, much better than "SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants!" However, if you're not a platforming fan, leave it on the shelf, or rent it if you want. Have fun with the.... creature from the Krusty Krab!

Final Rankings/ Summary