Question from ChiefPoirot12

Fast-Shimmy?

Okay, I've lowered all the bridges to the tower but one, but I'm having a problem with a much simpler event: getting across a set of rails. See, I need to shimmy from one edge across the wall to another set, but a portion of the edge will break upon me getting to it. I need to get off that section quickly, or it'll fall with it. However, no matter what the edge crumbles before I can reach the other side, and the above ledge is too far to jump to it.

So, my question is this: is there a way to "fast-shimmy", or move across an edge in a quicker manner than you normally would? My copy of the game did not come with a manual, so I can't check that for controls. It's also been a while since I played the tutorial, so I can't remember if such a technique is taught or not.

JoveHack answered:

Press Triangle in time with Lara's movements to travel faster. This works for shimmying, climbing ladders, climbing some ropes, swimming, moving while hanging under pipes and rails, etc.

Since Triangle is also the key for recovering a bad ledge grab by Lara I'm pretty much hammering that key any time Lara's feet aren't on the ground.
0 0