Question from vincentdeboule
Is this exactly the same game as King of Fighters Dream Match on Dreamcast?
If not, what's different about it?
Top Voted Answer
Copied straight off the UM messageboard:
- Balance tweaks all round to all characters to some degree. Some characters get new moves, some have their attack animations and properties changed.
- A new character select screen and new pre-fight portraits for the returning and EX characters.
- A new custom mode on top of Advanced and Extra Mode known as Ultimate Mode.
- Some changes to both Extra and Advanced modes.
- Kasumi Todoh, Eiji Kisaragi, Geese Howard, Wolgang Krauser and Mr. Big join the cast of playable arcade characters. Riot of the Blood Iori and Leona are fightable as sub-bosses, and Goenitz and Orochi return to round out the final bosses cast. This means every playable character from KOF'94 till '98 return in 98UM.
- EX versions of Blue Mary, Geese, King and Ryuji Yamazaki are added to the cast. These are based somewhat off their Real Bout and Art of Fighting versions.
- New special introductions for certain matchups, such as Terry versus Geese.
- All stages from KOF 98 were redone in partial 3D.
- Some stages from previous KOF and RBFF games were re-added or remade for 98UM, together with several new stages. The graphics are not interlaced anymore.
- The theme music for the the returning characters have also been re-added into the game. In the PS2 version, you can choose between the original arcade tracks, or the PS2-exclusive arranged tracks.
- The '98 Advanced Mode system that determined how stocks were transferred (the smiley/neutral/frowning faces) is removed. Now all characters will always transfer stock to their teammates. This goes for Extra and Ultimate modes too.
This question has been successfully answered and closed
This game is 98 but is not exectly the same. There are more players and modes to choose from. Ex: Orochi, Geese Howard, Wolfgang Krauser, Mr. Big, Kasumi Todoh, Eiji Kisargi and Leopold Geonitz are playable; you can choose 3 of the same player (Iori, Iori, Iori); have a mission mode; and the graphics may have change a little, like the life a power bar are diferent. Thats is whay I can tell you, hope that it can help.
PD: Sorry my inglish.
Respond to this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.
|Do these codes work on codebreaker or action replaymax?||Unanswered||angel11974|
|Does the Challenge Mode unlock anything?||Answered||Hanyousama|
|How can you play in the new stages in arcade mode? Also also can you fight randon select teams in arcade mode?||Open||DeadSexy1984|
|How to fight Orochi Iori?||Answered||ChrisTheChocobo|
|And the music?||Answered||AnBearX|