Question from spyros_fury

how do i beat the Queen of the Underworld (with gwendolyn)?

every time i try to attack her she uses that attack that sends two axes spinning at me (seemingly kills me in one hit, even at full hp) WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

spyros_fury provided additional details:

let's see, HP is at least level forty, i WANT knockback because it actually is part of my tactical assaults, and as for healing tonics, i usually have no room for any tonics since i often keep my bag stocked with all the equipment i can carry. basically, nothing you guys are suggesting so far is even slightly helpful. she kills me in two hits no matter what, and even if i use shine, the ghosts reset there tangibility after about 5 seconds. not sure if it's a glitch or what, but it ticks me off. thanks for the suggestions though.

InstinctSage answered:

For the battle you want:
Shine (for visibility)
Painkiller (less damage + no knockback - very important)
Napalm (useful when you need a moment to use heal tonics, or if you get caught outside in her spider legs form)
Heal Tonics (No rating or items in this battle, so don't be concerned about chugging down on these and taking lots of damage)
Full Psypher gauge - use Overload to boost your attack combos, with smart usage it deals more damage than phozon burst, but save 2 psypher levels for burst if you need it to knock the Queen out of regeneration mode.

You're underleveled if the dual axes are one shotting you, painkiller will help but it'll be a gruelling battle unless you're level 30+. You should play hit and run with Gwendolyn. Double jump/dive and get a 2-3 hit combo when you land, then double jump away. If you just got out of the way of an attack, jump back in, otherwise be wary because jumping back in might make you eat it.

Ignore the henchman. You'll probably kill a few without meaning to, if your POW gets low just absorb the phozons. If she brings out two spider legs and pushes you far away, she's about to regenerate. You HAVE to get in past those legs and use a phozon burst psypher to knock her out of it otherwise she can quickly undo all the damage you've dealt. The legs raise one at a time - you can't jump over them or circle the map and come in behind, just be patient and walk through when they raise.
2 0

Answers

zephyrus256 answered:

Hmmm...sounds like you might be insufficiently levelled. Is your HP level at least 30? If not, you need to revisit previous levels and eat food. Also, it's a good idea to use Painkiller potion if you're having trouble with a boss. You should have found the recipe for it in Gwendolyn's second chapter, and you just need a material 2 and a Cubsbane (which you can find plenty of in the Netherworld) to make it. As for the attack with the spinning axes, it should be possible to dodge it by jumping and gliding over the bottom axe as it comes toward you.
0 0

CrimZinShaDoW answered:

use shine so the flying skulls can be hit, use a painkiller so well you take less damage, if you got overload use it and then attack away. When she starts to heal use either napalm or cyclone to deal back some damage to her. If you can, suck up the phozons from the butterfly to get back some magic skills.
0 0

gourami1 answered:

Invisi, dopple, overload... free kill
0 0

How do I beat velvet ? (with Gwendolyn) Answered kiittycat13
How do I beat lord brigain(with Gwendolyn? Answered darktiger1019
How do I beat Demon lord odin( with Gwendolyn? Answered darktiger1019
How do I beat the wizards in Titania? Answered GameShark9000
How do I beat Beldor/Belial? Answered vegetass139