Review by Kingmike22

"Not as great as I would have hoped for"

TNA Impact Review.

Menu Design: 4/10. No CAW or Online play is fine with me, but the overall menu design is bad.

Match Selection: 5/10. The Ultimate X match is way to easy to win, and sometimes short. I would have made it harder to grab the X.

Character Selection: 4/10. Instead of all the jobbers that you unlock playing story mode, give us PS2 users Peaty Williams. We don't need to AJ Styles or Chris Sabins'

Arena Selection: 3/10. Every ring is six sided. That is fine but how about giving some regular four sided rings a shot?

Story: 3.5/10. Starts out nice, then gets bad. You start out as a top star in TNA, then get beat up and wake up in Mexico and have to fight your way back to the top. Way to short. I beat it in under four days, would have been quicker if I didn't have other things to do. Easy at points. Harder at others.

Controls: 4/10. It seems that all characters have a VERY LIMITED supply of moves to choose from. Being able to counter everything (except finishers) is nice. The stun meter gets annoying after a while, considering that your opponent can counter everything you do like grease lightning, while you have to struggle for almost a minuet some times. Your opponent counters everything under the sun, while you struggle to counter a punch. Three shots from a chair and your body turns red. You can kick out of a pin but it is VERY HARD. The "Shack Stick" Icon gets annoying after a while.

AI: 2/10. Tag team AI is dumber than a barrel of urine. Single player AI seems to have some intellect. But not much, still easy to whip up on.

Graphics: 8/10. Motion capture makes the wrestlers look nice. No referee or count outs, the ropes only seem to move when you do your finisher if you're close to them. Springing off them does not cause them to move.

Audio: 3/10. The announcers get boring after a bout five minuets. Both Mike Tennay and Don West say the same things and it seems to be on a loop. The ring sounds nice when you slam into it but you can turn off the announcers which is nice.

Overall game play: 4.5/10 Lack of Petey Williams made this score low, as did the useless style points,enemy AI, short and easy story mode, small character selections, and, boring game play. I could have waited longer for the game to be honest with you.

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 09/15/08

Game Release: TNA iMPACT! (US, 09/09/08)