Question from Pinkyring

How do I solve Optional Boss in Yukiko's castle?

I was wondering if I would be able to beat this boss at my leisure or if I would have to do it before the next bit of story progression. I guess this question applies to any optional boss in the game.

From: Mynx_ 6 years ago

It is open until the end of the game. The boss is super easy if you do it after the next dungeon, which is what I would suggest for a first play through.

You can beat bonus bosses any time you want, but keep in mind that defeating it asap is usefull as it gives a great weapon for yukkiko.

Bonus bosses also add courage.

Easiest way it's to up 3 lvls more than when u beat yukiko's shadow and ur done :3 i lvld 4 more tho it's up to u, but with 3 lvls more it's ok

Try to have a persona with the Tarunda ability lower the enemy attacks. the, do your thing a jump that boss.

Just use Tarunda to lower the boss attacks. Your party level should be around 20 for easy win because his Rampage skill can kill your party in single turn. I recommend using a Persona that strong in physical affinity to prevent your MC death(Game Over). After victory, you will gain Yukiko's weapon which increase her SP 50 point.

For this boss, it is gonna be HELL if you're underleveled since rampage OHKO's your entire party. Trust me, I experienced it personally. Best way is to level up a bit in Kanji's dungeon and then go back to own the optional boss

Eh, I beat him with MC at 17 and others at 15-16. I just lowered his defense, use full assault order (whatever that attack increasing item), and start pounding him before he uses rampage.

I get my MC to use rakunda and bufu, Yosuke use Sonic punch, Chie use Bufu, Yukiko for healing. I win in 6-7 turns barring any crits and/or rampages (got lucky once, only Yukiko died and the others dodged).

Granted, I actually needed to restart a few times before winning.

Use an electric persona. With rakunda he goes down quite easy.

Just make sure your having a strong persona a ok level and if its your second round if you want go pick up a really powerful one and destroy it

Get two of Eagle Eye accesories that gives you evade phys. You can found it inside rare chest in the castle. Get slime to level 7 to learn resist phys, then create any spellcaster type persona by using the slime as an ingredients, to make it inherit resist phys.

Don't forget to cast Rakunda, though.

Easiest way is to go there after finishing "Steamy Bathhouse."