Question from redheadprincess

Will there be any chance of the continuation of P4 (like P3's FES)?

Just wondering.. Souji didn't die, anyways :p

MysticPower answered:

Atlus has claimed that there will be no director's cut version to "Persona 4" like "P3: FES" had been to the original "Persona 3". Although it is perfectly possible for the story to continue, there are no plans for it to be worked on.

Also, keep in mind that the True Ending hints at the fact that all threats to Inaba have been removed, which reduces the chances for a continuation.
2 0

Answers

henryusa1 answered:

I don't really believe Atlus would made a Persona 4 FES but I truly hope they think of making Persona 5 for the new generation system. I would be cool, wouldn't it?
0 0

AzureLivesOn answered:

Atlus has stated numerous times that "so long as the PS2 is supported, it will be our system of choice". Given their vocal criticism of the PS3, their commercial failure developing for the Xbox 360 (the easier of the two to develop for, mind you, hence the distrust in a PS3 release), and that a PS2 release is a guaranteed win critically and financially in the eastern market (and western, apparently, given its moderate sales and critical acclaim in North America), it's safe to say P5 going next-gen is a slim chance.

Besides, knowing them, they would just argue that a PS3 owner can still play Persona 5 if it came out on PS2, but a PS2 owner can't do the vice versa (which actually was their arguement for P4).

I love Atlus. <3
0 0