How do I fish?!

1. I swear! I can NEVER figure out fishing in ANY game. It makes no sense to me! I wait until the thing sinks into the water, and then I hit circle. Then, I start hitting circle rapidly, and the fish instantly gets away with my bait. I've also tried alternating circle with square to no avail. None of this makes any sense. Please, somebody give me an idiot's tutorial about fishing. Exactly what is supposed to happen when? It seems really simple, but I just can't seem to get it.

User Info: nflftw

nflftw - 7 years ago

1. Fishing tutorial v 1.0
    Once at the Fishing screen, you'll drop your lure into the water. It will bob there, at varying vibrations and at one of three speeds, which will more or less tell you what kind of fish you're going to get.
    Once the fish takes the bait (the lure will drop into the water), start jamming the O button (it helps to use your finger rather than thumb, I've found) and <b>don't stop</b> until you've lured the fish in. Sometimes, another button will pop up; it's not necessary to hit that button, but it will reel the fish in quicker. Make sure that if you do, you're still hitting O.

User Info: mstieler

mstieler - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. after you drop your lure to the water,wait until it vibrates strongly(sometimes it only vibrates a little,don't press circle).Then after it vibrates strongly,press the circle button.

User Info: Ex_Informant

Ex_Informant - 7 years ago 0 0