Question from Srawperd

How do you know if you have a NG+?

I know this sounds silly, but I forgot. It's been over 2 years since I last played it and I'm a little rusty.

Here's what I know I have/have done:
-I beat the game once on normal difficulty and got the good end
-I have 2 game save files:
-the first is saved in 'Data 1' and has a clear yellow circle (play time: 95 hrs)
-the second is saved in 'Data 2' labeled NEW GAME with a pink circle /w a flower inside it; it also has slightly more play time on it than 'Data 1' (a couple hours)

Basically what I want to know (and I know this may be asking a lot) is whether my second game file is a NG+. I forgot if it was or not. When I load it, it prompts me to choose a difficulty so it's a brand new file. The first game save is just before the 'final' boss (for normal ending). I'm sure these are the only files I have and I'm sure I didn't make any others (I beat the game with pretty much one file).

So does the second pink save game sound like a NG+? (also, what carries over in a NG+? specifically, social links)

From: Immature_Sage 3 years ago

The save file that has the pink sakura flower is the new game plus. You basically start the game again (hence why it wants you to choose a difficulty level) with a lot of stuff from the clear file. You keep a few items (maybe), your parameters (like knowledge so you will do well on tests) and the compendium among other things.

The second File With the flower is the New game + the difficulty issue is asking if you want to change things up, however you will still have some of the data from the previous game regardless of whether or not you change the difficulty unfortunately your levels and items won't transfer over.