Question from sonic_link

Does Persona 4 work perfectly on a PS3?

Does it work?

From: Paladin14x 6 years ago

The original 60GB PS3 with Hardware Emulation works fine. The 80 GB PS3 which uses Software emulation also works, but there are (very) minor graphical errors (for example, the bar at the bottom left of the screen which displays your location will be empty).

Playstation 3 systems produced before 2008 have the ability to play PS2 games.

The PS3s that use hardware emulation to play PS2 games play Persona 4 just fine; those that use software emulation, I do not know about.

I played Persona 4 on the 60GB model PS3 with the Emotion Engine chip and was able to complete the game without any crashing, freezing, or any other such glitches. The sole problem I ever encountered was very infrequently finding corrupt save files when trying to load them after saving to the hardrive, but I've encountered this problem with other PS2 games and do not believe it is unique to Persona 4.

I have the 80GB version (I dunno if it's any specifics, but it was the MGS4 package)
and there is one glitch I came across. The box in the bottom-left that tells your location is blank. And even after resetting it is blank, but it's no big deal.

The main problem with the PS3 80GB is that it corrupts your save file. To be safe, just save on many slots, and after saving, be sure to check again to see if your save data is corrupted or not.