How do the game saves work?

1. I was playing this on my PS3 and I'm at the final boss for the true ending. The next day I load it up and it says "NO DATA". So I say f*** it I'll just find a game save so I can fight the final boss anyway. So how do these saves work exactly? I've got a ps3 and a dusty ps2.

Also, if you've beaten the game can you still load the last save from the last playthrough or do you save over at the end?

I know it's a lot, but I put 70hours into this game and it just up and left. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

User Info: ctrlmadrhetoric

ctrlmadrhetoric - 7 years ago

Answers

1. This is taken from the PS2/PS3 Save Files FAQ on the PlayStation 3 message board.

"PS3 Virtual Memory Card Save - PC to PS3

These are the PS2 saves that can be transfer through a USB stick to your PS3. Once again, please understand the fact that PS2 MaxDrive/Sharkport/Codebreaker saves WON'T work here, as PS3 ONLY reads .PSV save file. Popluar game such as 'Final Fantasy XII' already has a 'PS3 Virtual Memory Card Save' uploaded. These are the saves that can be downloaded/use for your PS3.

- Download the zip file from the Game Saves Page
    - Unzip it. The file would be named something like 'BASLUS-2167844425A5433.PSV'. DO NOT rename
    - Create a Folder name PS3 on your USB Stick. Inside, make another folder name EXPORT. Inside, that, make a folder name PSV
    - Plug in your USB Stick
    - Put the file in PS3/EXPORT/PSV/ (put the .psv file you downloaded here)
    - Remove your USB stick and plug it into your PS3

- Go under Game > Memory Card Utility (PS/PS2)
    - Select 'USB Device' at the top,
    - Find your save file, and hit triangle, then select 'Copy'"

After you beat the game, you may choose to save over your file or make a new one.

User Info: Nietono

Nietono - 7 years ago 0 0