Review by KH2FMguy

"Well... Much better than the GBA version"

I have to say one thing before I start this review. I enjoy this game much more than I did the GBA, but I will not review the GBA version.

This story, like the GBA version, takes place directly after KH1. It is more engrossing than the first, and you are able to get into it easier than if you were playing the... y'know... I'll bring it up a few times. Because there are actually voice actors. And the music adds on to what's adeded on already. :-) So it gets this.

Graphics: 9.5/10
The graphics really bring the game to be able to be liked. Square Enix is known for graphics for their games, along with the gameplay. It really helps out the attacks in the game, and I haven't even discovered all of the sleights yet! But, there is something missing... It's how the characters faces move some of the time while they are talking. It seems frozen, and expressionless sometimes. That's why half a point is lost. But it's trivial.

As good as it is in graphics, though, gameplay has kind a of a drawback for me. Because of the boss fights. Some fights are very annoying. Like Larxene 2, Vexen 2, and Axel 2. It took me many times to get good strategies layed out for them, I even had to ask for help here for the Axel thing. But it's enjoyable most of the time. Plus, I wish you could use more than one Enemy Card at a time...

Features: 10/10
Need I say it? Part of these things is what the GBA version lacks. You can actually have cards of all 13 Organization XIII members. Plus, decent voice acting from Larxene, Vexen, and Marluxia. Marluxia sounded like how I thought he would, same with Larxene, but I thought Vexen would have somewhat of a different voice. And Vexen doesn't have his annoying screaming and laughing like the Japanese version of Re:COM or COM for the GBA here in the U.S., which is a HUGE plus. It's funny the first, oh, 3 or 4 times he screams. I'm going off on a tangent, so I'll stop. And I don't really care that KH1 Sora has KH2 Sora's voice before I keep going. Reverse Rebirth is also available, which I will do soon. You play as Riku, and have Mickey help you sometimes. that's all I really know right now. It's got a good variety of strategies to use on bosses and all enemies in the game, so it's a play your way in Sora's story. Riku's is fixed. Once again, I haven't played Reverse Rebirth yet. It has many ways you can play overall, though. Riku has a Dark mode you can use on the different enemies in the game. You have attack, magic, item and enemy cards. Magic is not available in Riku's mode, so don't plan on using Blizzaga or something for it.

I think this game's awesome, but there are some things that drag it down slightly. It's not bad, though. Go out and buy it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/09

Game Release: Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (US, 12/02/08)