Question from vegetasgirl45

How do I beat this weird deformed troll?

It's in the last maybe 25% of the game, in the "Head to the palace" mission. He's really annoying. He follows you around, repeatedly smashing the ground with his fists. He goes berserk red from time to time, then stops. I've tried the amplifier, and it doesn't really do much damage. I've also tried the shield, as well as plain old shooting him, put I keep dying!! Is anyone else this far in the game, and if so, got any tips?

vegetasgirl45 provided additional details:

Apparently it helps to use the reflex power. After I get rid of half his HP, he uses a shield and blasts through a second door, leading out into a courtyard. I try to use the same technique, but he keeps killing me.

Answers

FFandMMfan answered:

Here's what I did.
I used the Scatter Gun and the Amplifier, and would turn to launch the amplifier, jump away, turn in mid air and shoot it, land, jump forward, turn and launch amplifier, jump away, turn and shoot it, etc etc etc. It was difficult, but I managed to do it once I got the timing down without him hitting me once, and I didn't need the Reflex at all.
0 0

djk77777 answered:

Holy crap, i just did it, for the first part, when he slams the ground punch him and run. when he goes outside, start your shield and fire as many lobber shots as possible. when your shield runs out of energy time bomb him until it recharges.
0 0