Review by BrickAndYozen

"The final SmackDown vs. Raw game on the PS2."

WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2011 marks the end of the SmackDown vs Raw series and the beginning of the WWE series. This was the last WWE game on the PS2. How does it fare against its counterparts? Believe me when I say this is SVR 2010 with a couple new features. If you're going into this expecting a similar experience to the next-gen consoles, don't. Let's get onto the review, shall we?

Presentation - 8/10
Largely the same as SVR 2010. The only major differences are the character select screen and RTWMs. For the character select screen, instead of a vertical list, all of the superstars are shown at once. Basically, a standard fighter selection screen. Also, the RTWMs are now open world instead of a menu. Overall, there's nothing really that different, so I give this an 8 out of ten.

Gameplay - 5/10
There are three very large changes to the gameplay. Now in ladder matches, you have to reach up for the suitcase and actually press down on the grapple to pull it. In theory, it makes it more realistic. It also makes it incredibly easy to win a ladder match. Gone are the intense multiplayer ladder matches. This game also doesn't have any of the new physics of any other version of it. So it'll have the same fluidity as 2010, right? Wrong. Sometimes you'll drop a weapon when you're running with it, and running hits with weapons don't get registered as hits most of the time. Last, in Hell In A Cell matches, you now have to preform finishers to get out of the cell and the cell is bigger. I would've preferred a door, but okay. One of the touted features of this game is Match Creator. Sounds good, right? It wasn't, even in the other versions of the game. All you can do really is change the rules, which you could do before. Overall, this would've gotten a much higher score if not for the three major changes. By the way, there are no new match types. No new backstage areas either.

Graphics - 8/10
Slightly smoother then 2010. Not much to complain about.

Roster - 10/10
Probably the only reason you'd want to get this over 2010. There are 70 characters, and 100 if you fill all the CAW slots. The roster consists of people who were in the WWE at the time, as well as a couple legends like Terry Funk, Jake The Snake, and The Rock. Pretty solid, actually.

Creative tools - ....?
The CAW engine is exactly the same as 2010. The same. Through my experience though, it looks like the body morphing is a bit different, but the rest is all the same. Entrances are the same for the most part, and then we get to the moveset creator. The only grudge I have against this is how they took out a bunch off moves. You can't even have a Mandible Claw in this game. Why take out moves? Basically, the same as 2010 only if you want to make certain character's movesets, good luck.

So...pros and cons...
Pros
Big roster
Good graphics
They didn't mess up the gameplay too much

Cons
Ladder and cell matches
Broken weapon physics (One time, I was playing as a Nash caw, and I got into a chain grapple while holding a chair. Let's just say it didn't end well.)
Omission of moves
Hurricane is in the game with his moveset and entrance but you can't play as him.
CAW options are same.

Overall, it's a 7/10.
I recommend you check out the roster before you decide to get this.

-BrickAndYozen

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 09/24/13

Game Release: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 (US, 10/26/10)