Review by gsmith999

"Fun Game but not quite worth the $60.00"

This new Ace Combat game is very different from the previous versions. So you might be disappointed. The game has some new exciting features and is fun to play don't get me wrong.. They just could've made a way better game there's quite a bit of kinks that I would've definitely expected to have been worked out by now. This new dog fight mode that is necessary to beat campaign mode is glitchy and not realistic. You do HAVE to use it. They have Improved the ground attacking. There's still room for improvement though.

If you've been a long time AC fan like myself at first you probably won't be able to stand the game. Thankfully you can revert back to original controls which let's you control the plane you are flying the same way as in previous versions. The main reason I was disappointed was just because this series has always brought a lot to the table and this time they dropped the ball..

It's a fun arcade game. Great way to kill time, although it does get very repetitive after a while. The missions can be a little too long as well . However It's exciting to see the new aircraft and how they function as well. They all have a different feel to them. Unlike in previous versions where it was mainly just speed and handling. The addition to helicopters also helps from keeping the game so repetitive.

The last thing I want to address is the storyline.. It's okay but the actors in my opinion are kind of cheesy. The acting is not that great when you are watching cut scenes and mission briefings. Other than that it's okay when you're flying in missions. I guess that in a way it does make this game kid-friendly. For example the first mission of the game you learn the controls through a "nightmare" that the main character has.

If you like flying action games go out and buy it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Just at first the game takes a lot of getting used to.

I would wait for the game to be out for a little while and wait for the price to drop. There's way better games you can purchase for this price. Well that's about it for my review. I hope that this helps! I got the game the day it came out so who knows maybe they can fix some of these glitches as well.

Thanks for reading.

-Glenn

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 10/12/11

Game Release: Ace Combat Assault Horizon (US, 10/11/11)