Question from Shiden_Issen

Background effect on Paragon/Renegade points?

In ME 1 Shepard's background & psych profile translated directly into paragon and renegade points.

In this game this trait appears to have been discarded, I've read that the traits supposedly influence Shepard's ability and pace which points are racked up.

A spacer background combined with war hero profile, supposedly racks more paragon points and less renegade points for instance.

Can someone clarify/confirm if this is true?

Or are the traits simply there for flavor at the character creation without any fringe benefits?

Greymore111 answered:

Actually, lol, Spacer Sole Survivor would get a slight bonus to Renegade but nothing to paragon, but I hope that makes sense above.
0 0

Answers

forefather98 answered:

I am almost positive those do have an effect. I remember seeing a list for them somewhere. Like basic Shepard automatically gets +3 paragon for his background choices or something.
0 0

Greymore111 answered:

Not sure about base Shepard but the OSG says Earthborn and War Hero are the paragon backgrounds, and Ruthless and Spacer are the renegade ones. For each of those chosen you gain a small bonus to that side, for example an Earthborn War Hero would receive twice the bonus of an Earthborn Sole Survivor to Paragon points but no bonus to Renegade. Spacer War Hero would be same as Earth Sole Survivor and Spacer Sole Survivor would get nothing. At least that's how the book explains it.
0 0