Question from dexter_graves

How do I get to the underground lake?

The other night, when I was playing the first post-asylum level, I wandered into an elevator that took me to a beautiful underground lake. This was before bed, when I was near asleep and I can't figure out how to get back there. What route do you take, from the first bonfire after the giant bird drops you off near the castle ruins?

Answers

CobaltMonkey answered:

There should be some stairs down along the cliff face from the bonfire where the bird drops you.
0 0

CobaltMonkey answered:

Ah, correction. First you have to go down the stairs next to that guy by the fire. You'll walk past some lady (not far enough along to know what she does) behind bars and approach the cliff face. You should see a pathway to your right.
0 0

Triad24 answered:

Just like cobaltmonkey said look behind the tree near the bonfire in the firelink shrine (first bonfire) and you should come across some stairs and if you happened to be far enough and helped out the prisoner in the church before you reach the gargoyles he'll be down there as well, as for the woman behind the bars her purpose is simple, if and when you acquire The fire soul keeper or something like that (she should tell you the name of it when you try to talk to her to upgrade your flask) you save that and don't use it like I did and you can take that to her and she'll upgrade your flask which makes you regain more hp, you can find the first one at the church before heading up to the gargoyles by beating the giant knight dude and a second one in blight town I don't know the exact location but I got one there.
0 0

dankathor answered:

Just to the left of the sarcastic fellow sitting near the Firelink Shrine bonfire is a set of barely visible stairs, they lead down to the Caged priestess who will accept Fire Keeper Souls to upgrade your Estus Flasks. Continue on the outskirts of that little area to find more stairs leading to the elevator which takes you to New Londo. Note: if you die in New Londo, the elevator doesn't reset, and you must hit the switch next to it to call it back up to you.
0 0

Cezovic answered:

In order to get to this Area (Dark root Basin) you'll first need to go down the stairs at the start, then take the lift down to the bottom, turn right and enter valley of the drakes (if you have master key/ Key to new londo) go through valley of the drakes, there are three enemies you will then have to kill: the undead dragon and two wyverns after these are dead take the lift in the area to your right and you're there.
If you don't have the key or can't kill the dragons.
You can access the area through the bottom of the undead parish (door by Andre of Astora) then kill the prowling demon, and the basin is a path of too the right once you've entered the garden.
0 0