Question from AkiraCrash

What is the Pendant Gift used for?

Starting gift, pendant... what does it do for you?

AkiraCrash provided additional details:

What does the traded item do for you? The old witch ring s another gift...

darkith answered:

The pendant gives a Souvenir of Reprisal if you leave it at the crows nest, not the witch ring. Souvenir's of Reprisal are what you need to level in the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant.

I think you get some different speech from Rhea at some point if you have the pendant but I don't know for sure because I didn't choose it for my gift.
2 0

Answers

Anikie answered:

You have to drop it in the little crows nest for a trade. In the tutorial level, just before the edge where the crow grabs you.
1 3

Agrieus answered:

The pendant is used as a drop item for the little crows nest just like Anikie said....and the item you get from the trade is supposed to be a ring that allows you to speak with the white haired spider lady after you defeat the blight town boss. If you don't have the ring then all you'll get from her is simply "...". Also note that you'll have to join the covenant to reach her (talk to the infected parasite guy that's blocking the way. for the love of god don't attack him) I've also read somewhere, I think it was wiki, that the pendant is also story related somehow....but I haven't seen/read anywhere that this has been confirmed yet though...
0 1

Agrieus answered:

keep the witch's ring...you need that ring to talk to the white haired witch. without it all you'll get from her is "..." <----which means she won't talk to you lol. That witch is your 2nd pyromancer teacher. She's located behind a hidden room after the blight town boss. There's probably some red message signs around that'll direct you where the door is. In short, don't gift that witch's ring. keep it so you can speak to white haired witch.
0 1

thelovemonk answered:

You don't need to join the covenant to reach the white haired spider lady. I spoke to the infested guy and then he moved out of the way. He also gave me the option to join their covenant but I refused but I was stil able to get my Estus Flask reinforced.
0 1

Kino808 answered:

It allows the wearer to talk to pygmy. Try to check out the Q & A in other sites like IGN. It will contain lots of spoilers though and will hopefully end the pendant/pymgy real not real stupidity that is going on in the Gfaqs forums.
0 0

darkith answered:

That's nice that IGN's wiki says that but that's exactly all that it says. Where is the Pygmy? I haven't found it yet. Please give us a link to the information you are talking about.
0 0