Question from Totalimmortal70

Where can I find a big shield?(One that can Shield Bash)

I want to have a big shield for my strength build, like the Tower Shield is Demon's Souls, but I haven't been able to find any. I realize you can get a Tower Shield from the big knight boss in the church but it didn't drop for me. Looking on wiki, there is a few other big shields.

Does anyone know where to find any of the other ones?
Thank you for the help!

Totalimmortal70 provided additional details:

Thank you, I have pretty high strength so I think I'll go for the greatshield! I wonder what the drop rate on that shield is, I've killed a few of those knights and didn't get the drop.

Thank you, I have pretty high strength so I think I'll go for the greatshield! I wonder what the drop rate on that shield is, I've killed a few of those knights and didn't get the drop

Answers

darkith answered:

The first one I found was a Stone Greatshield. That dropped from the Giant Stone Soldiers in the Darkroot Garden before the Moonlight Butterfly boss. It has a very high STR requirement, something like 38, and has a weigh of 20.0.

The second one I found was the Eagle Shield. I don't remember the stat requirements but it only weighed 8.0 and had a good guard break reduction.

It is located in Blighttown after the bonfire if you entered through the door from the Depths. It is on a side path somewhere so just keep looking until you find it. If you get to the swamp you have gone to far.
0 0

QuackM answered:

There is one in Arno Londo Havels great shield In a hidden wall.
0 0

Cezovic answered:

There are two very good great shields. The Havel Great Shield (best allround shield on the game) which is found in Anor Londo, and the Great shield of Artorias (best shield stability) which is any +10 shield ascended via the giant black smith with the soul of Sif the Grey Wolf.
1 0

LaudoSolis answered:

Black Iron Greatshield is found at the bottom of the rafters room in anor londo next to the big painting
0 0