Question from Big_Chris_Hart

Best weapon for a strength build?

I am shooting for 50 strength and looking for a weapon with good damage and how to get it

Erfo answered:

The fully upgraded demon's greataxe (+15) will give you an S in the strenght scaling, making it the best weapon I could find so far for a strenght build. I have 60 in strenght and the axe gives me 670 damage rating.
2 0

Answers

kinoholic answered:

A fully upgraded lightning path zweihander is the strongest weapon in the game its also extremely easy to obtain. It's in the graveyard right beside the firelink shrine. So I recommend grabbing that and pumping your resources into fully upgrading it.
0 2

UnliklyStranger answered:

@ kinoholic: I may be wrong, but I thought it turns out a little more powerful when upgraded via the fire damage route?
0 0

genmakenx answered:

@kinoholic lightning as well as stat scaling is being fixed in the next patch. So lightning will not be as good as peopel have abused it. Best wait until then to find out.
0 0

genmakenx answered:

kinoholic : lightning as well as stat scaling is being fixed in the next patch. So lightning will not be as good as peopel have abused it. Best wait until then to find out.
0 0

Triad24 answered:

For a strength based character depending on your liking can either be a black knight great sword or a black knight great axe especially when upgraded to level +5 the reason I say either one is because if you've been far enough in the game and if you use logic you'll soon come to find out that it is much harder to find or farm twinkling titanite to upgrade weapons so weapons that need twinkling titanite will be much stronger than the ones that don't, also I've spent a good solid 5 hours gameplay experimenting with upgraded weapons and elemental weapons doing damage to the same strong enemies and bosses and found that even then those two weapons did more damage than any other upgraded weapon, BUT!!! Here's the tricky part some weapons like the Zweihander +10 fire or the +5 Occult greataxe (occult because the more humanity you have the more damage it will do, but only 10 humanity is the max dmg) when equipped and you look at the physical dmg will say will do more dmg than the black knight greatsword/axe but when I actually tested it out I did more dmg in one swing of the greatsword
0 1

Triad24 answered:

For a strength based character depending on your liking can either be a black knight great sword or a black knight great axe especially when upgraded to level +5 the reason I say either one is because if you've been far enough in the game and if you use logic you'll soon come to find out that it is much harder to find or farm twinkling titanite to upgrade weapons so weapons that need twinkling titanite will be much stronger than the ones that don't, also I've spent a good solid 5 hours gameplay experimenting with upgraded weapons and elemental weapons doing damage to the same strong enemies and bosses and found that even then those two weapons did more damage than any other upgraded weapon, BUT!!! Here's the tricky part some weapons like the Zweihander +10 fire or the +5 Occult greataxe (occult because the more humanity you have the more damage it will do, but only 10 humanity is the max dmg) when equipped and you look at the physical dmg will say will do more dmg than the black knight greatsword/axe but when I actually tested it out I did more dmg in one swing of the greatsword/axe then I did with the Zweihander +10 fire or the +5 occult greataxe so far those are the two most damaging weapons I've come across and I'm a level 290 with almost every stat at level 50 the only 2 not at level 50 are faith and vitality but that's because those don't really matter unless you want to use miracles. Plus this may seem weird but even though the greatsword/axe are heavy weapons, their swing is actually much quicker than most heavy weapons and your player doesn't stumble like he would with other heavy weapons and swords... Hope this helps... Triad24
1 1

vinruta answered:

Black Knight Great axe..Thats right I said it
2 1

melchaios answered:

I have never made a strength build, but I have to say you should try all the special weapons that require a lot of strength: The axe dropped by the gaping dragon (upgraded via scales), the sword dropped by the everlasting dragon/stone dragon (scales), Havel's dragon tooth (scales), the hammer from the undead asylum boss (normal upgrade), the hammer from paladin leeroy (twinkling titanite), if you're pumping strength anyway why not test these, you only need 34 strength (wich all blackknight weapons demand anyway) and two hand grip to wield the heavier ones. Some of them are supposed to have special attributes (gaping dragon axe as an AoE attack). On another note, you could consider using a buff for your weapon: raise int to use magic weapon, faith for sunlight weapon, or resin/charcoal if you don't want to invest in the previous. Good luck
0 0

melchaios answered:

forgot to mention the axe from the taurus demon :), it has an scaling of A with strength, a regular upgrade path and it can be enchanted
0 0

Erfo answered:

I just farmed a stone great sword from the black knights in darkroot garden, just before the butterfly, stats are: 143 100 0 0. And it gets bonuses both from strengh and dex.
I have not upgraded it yet, so I don't know...
0 1

Gantz_Zetta answered:

Everyone telling him to make lightning weapons on a str build is an idiot. Use a demon machete+15 or pretty much +15 anything with B or higher scaling in STR.
1 0

Squire_Ramza answered:

I'm using a fully upgraded Dragon King Greataxe (dropped by the Gaping Dragon). 540 base attack no strength scaling though but it does have a a useful aoe explosion skill if you use a strong 2 handed swing.
0 0

melchaios answered:

tested enchantment on the weapons mentioned earlier. Dragon King great axe, dragon tooth (Havel's hammer), Demon's axe, demon's hammer and all large clubs can be enchanted, and i've still to test Smough's hammer. So, adding to the base damage squire_ramza mentioned regarding Dragon King greataxe, if you use pine resin it will boost damage to around 700; and if you use great magic weapon, crystal magic weapon, it will probably raise much more.
0 0

AlabasterFilth answered:

Requirements for a good STR weapon:

1. Normal weapon +15 OR Unique Weapon +5
2. it's enchantable (all normal weapons are enchantable, some unique weapons are also enchantable), although there are some exceptions (such as Black Knight Greataxe, Grant)
3. A or B rank scaling in STR, although there are some exceptions (such as Greataxe, Greatsword)

There are a few good weapons that fit these requirements:

- Man-serpent Greatsword
- Demon Great Machete
- Demon's Greataxe
- Demon's Great Hammer
- Large Club
- Great Club
1 0

Boboconush answered:

I would have to say the best in terms of raw output, would be a fully upgrades smough's hammer, however I find that a fully upgraded Demon's Great hammer would be best if you got your strength really high as it scales well with it.
0 1

ExoDiuZ answered:

I prefer an great axe that drop from the gaping dragon by cutting it tail it has 320 damage and that even not been upgrad
0 1

likeaboss700 answered:

Ok i know this is late but the dragon great sword +5 is best for a strength biuld. to find it if u dont know were go to blight town and from the bonfire in the swap (closest to queelag ). go to the opisite side of the map to the great hallow go down. the whole way go into ash lake and then u can either run or fight the hydra and at the end of the path ull find a bonfire at the end and a drangon covenant u can cut off his tail and not commit a sin
0 1

Uiltetwr answered:

Some would say black knight greatsword or axe but i tested both and the axe is stronger and quicker so the black knight axe + 5 is best for strenght becoz it has a b param bonus
0 0