What does paying souls for Absolution do?

1. The guy in Black Armor at the top Bell Tower offers me Absolution. What does that do?
    frozunflame - 5 years ago

1. Absolution will remove your name from the Book of the Guilty (if you got it there) and will make any NPCs you attacked [Not Killed] stop being hostile towards you. The ony drawback is that it is ludicrously expensive.
    roxas63 - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I'm pretty sure it absolves your accumulated sins for attacking NPC's, invading and the like.
    Odifassa23 - 5 years ago 2 0
  2. It removes your sin, you get sin by invading someone elses world and killing them as a red phantom and through other more difficult methods. It costs more souls depending on your level of sin, generally its not worth it since a lot of players like to accumulate sin as a "sin leader board" sort of thing...
    neohampster - 5 years ago 1 0
  3. Absolution removes your name from the Book of the Guilty, and resets any misdeeds that might forbid you from joining a covenant. ( EX: say you kill some of the warriors in the forest of the Darkroot Gardin, which restricts you from joining the Forest Covenant, you pay for absolution ( 500 souls x your level, as of the new patch ), you are once again allowed to join the Forest Covenent)
    jakethepit - 4 years ago 1 1

Can you Import your Demon Souls Character and Equipment into Dark Souls? Answered KatorzeLe
Why is dark souls on 360 but demon souls was not? Answered thenoobynoober
How many souls do i need? Answered gabranthjj
I seem to get less souls? Unresolved Dubstep1011
I seem to get less souls? Answered Dubstep1011