Is there a way to get items from enemies that have fallen off a cliff?

1. I was fighting Lautrec and he fell off the shrine, i can see a little orb with items at the bottom but i cannot reach them. Is there a way to get these items?

User Info: Zedine2003

Zedine2003 - 5 years ago

1. if you quit, then load. The enemy will be dead and in its spawning place. Sometimes it will have the loot back on it.

User Info: MastaPokeCheff

MastaPokeCheff - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Nope, I lost a chance at the Black Knight sword. There is no way to get them.

User Info: supersayandoyle

supersayandoyle - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. ^ like MastaPokeCheff
    I haven't seen if this is true but in Demon's Souls, if you quit then load, the item will return to the position of the owner.

User Info: barkbark_reborn

barkbark_reborn - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. Yes, once you get the souls from the enemy that fell off the edge of something and died, quickly quit and reload your save and the loot will be there

User Info: Ultimate_Finale

Ultimate_Finale - 5 years ago 1 0
  4. The quit and reload method doesn't always work, I baited Havel outside of his tower and when he swung at me he fell off the chipped part of the stairs outside, I was able to knock him off the edge with one arrow for the kill (one-shot on Havel at level 9 XD ), but when I quit and reloaded I went to his spawn and no loot.

User Info: fasterhand

fasterhand - 4 years ago 0 0
  5. Something strange happened to me while playing on the Xbox, when I was fighting Pharis on the Crest of Astoria area, I ended up knocking him down the cliff, few seconds later I got killed by those tree guys. I respawned on my last bonfire, the one behind the invisible wall, and went back at the place of my death to get my souls, then I saw at the first place I've seen Pharis, the yellow thingy that he normally drops when killed, I went there and took the items normally. XD

User Info: lprr1998

lprr1998 - 3 years ago 0 0
  6. Ok, I had the same thing happen to me with Havel on the stairs. My solution is the only guaranteed solution. You may think it sucks, but at least you will have a shot at Havel again. Thing is I was playing on a PS3.

I had Havel chase me down the steps of the tower. He swung..missed..I swung back. Yeah..I was taking the long way to beat him, but it was something I wanted to try out. Anyway, I hit him and he staggered and fell off the stairs to this tiny ledge below. He had no way to get at me..and so I figured...what the hell..hit hit with arrows. Killed him..and now I had my dilemma. I had to go jump off that same spot. Had to hope that I could land on that sliver of a ledge to get the ring. If I landed correctly...I'd get the ring, but then would have to kill myself, so I could respawn at a bonfire. Thing is...I missed the ledge and died.

I respawned..went back hoping to still see the 'glow', alas, it was gone. Ring nowhere to be found. Then a thought hit me...what if I reloaded a cloud save. I'd lose levels, but game would be loaded prior to what just happened. Havel LIVES !!! So, if steam has a cloud save system...and you can possibly reload that save...there is your answer. I was playing on a PS3 by the way.

A few years ago, this workaround would have been impossible.Thank God for cloud saves.

User Info: Airfors1

Airfors1 - 7 months ago 0 0