Question from ps_wrist

Furtive Pygmy?

In the opening cinematics, the narrator says:

"Then, from the Dark, They came
And found the Souls of Lords within the flame.

Nito, the first of the dead
The Witch of Izalith, and her daughters of chaos
Gwyn, the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights
And the FURTIVE PYGMY, SO EASILY FORGOTTEN"

They're not kidding about the "easily forgotten" part. I forgot it until now, that I've finished the game and looked around on the wiki. Who is this pygmy and where is he? Has this something to do with the pendant gift that you can choose in the beginning?

I also read this on the wiki: "Pendant
An item filled with blocked memories. Usage unknown, but recommended first Gift by the game's director, Miyazaki."

It continues: "This is the only story-related gift. Useful if you are interested in the story, as it can effect later events in the game."

I know that you can trade the pendant for the Witches Ring and speak to the spider woman Quelaan. But if you don't trade it in so it becomes the witches ring, does something else happen in the end? Maybe something related to this Pygmy (so easily forgotten).

Ok thanks, I thought maybe the player was pygmy, but as I didn't join the darkwraiths, I didn't get that bit of info you just told me. Then what about the pendant? Again, it says: "An item filled with blocked memories." So it could contain the pygmys (your) dormant memories? Anyone finished the game with the pendant still in they're possesion, who knows anything about this? What are these memories?

From: Noobverest 3 years ago

I think the pygmy is who you play as... the character you control.

If you join the dark wraith the 2nd primordial serpent Kaahf? tells you something about how, you aren't the successor to gwyn, but you are actually the dark lord so I'm assuming that the dark lord = the fourth lord which is also who Pgymy is.