Question from lucanious

Need help making Quelaags furysword, can you help?

so I got the large ember from the chest behind the butcher in the depths, gave it to Andrei and all. I got my scimitar upgraded to +5 but now the only option I have is to make it divine. I'm not sure what to do as everything I have read says I need to modify to +6 then I can reinforce the rest of the way to +10. Please help me

The only thing I can think of is if you don't have enough souls or materials. As long as he has the ember you should be able to modify to +6 and then keep reinforcing.

You need to take it to the giant blacksmith in anor lando not andre

Are you sure? Check again, you should be able to turn it to +6 if you gave him the large ember and you have the necessary materials. To turn it into the furysword, you need to get to anor londo and let the giant blacksmith modify it. The giant blacksmith is just before the boss fog gate. Good luck making, its a very good sword.

Just to double-check the process for upgrading your weapons

-you need to have obtained the Large Ember, and have given it to Andrei (sounds like you have already done this).

-you need to have a +5 normal weapon (sounds like you already have a +5 scimitar, this should work)

-you need to have Large Titanite Shards. I don't see anywhere saying you have some, so make sure you have some.

-In order to take equipment up to the next tier you need to Ascend it. When you talk to Andrei, don't select 'Reinforce Weapon', select 'Modify Equipement'. Here you should see an option for upgrading your Scimitar +5 to Scimitar +6

@AlabasterFilth
All correct - after you gave the Large Ember to Andrei (Blacksmith) you can modify your weapon to +10. but for that you need the large titanite shards - this can be farmed in the Depths by the Slimes. After that you need to beat Quelaag to receive her soul - take it to the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo and he will "convert it" to the Quelaag's Furysword (it's a bit a long way - but worth it).

You can use Andre to ascend a weapon into the +5 to +10 range but you need the giant smith in Anor Londo to make special, unique weapons

In order to goet the Quelaag fury sword you will need any standard curved sword (painted guardian sword/ server/ shotel/ scimitar/ fachilon/ and the murakumo) to +10 and use Quelaag's soul on it via the giant blacksmith. To get from +5 to +6 you need to speak to Andre of Astora (underneath the bonfire in front of Sen's).

That was helpful...now here is my problem: i had lightning spear but hit the wrong button and the blacksmith made it into something else...how do i 'recreate' it?