Question from D280ZX

Loud noise ?

I keep hearing a kind of bong noise and then my character lights up . What is this ? Is this that little humanity alien appearing?

Answers

MonteCrispo answered:

Either your getting an extra flask if he lights up gold, which means another player kindled the last bonfire you rested at or you gained a humanity if he lights up black which means someone rated a message you left. Hope that answers your question
1 0

neohampster answered:

The first guy is right about the extra flask. You get +1 flask (up to 20 max) if someone kindles the bonfire of the area you are currently IN. Not the last one you rested at. So if you rested at Firelink then walk over to...idk Blighttown and you get a random estus that means someone kindled in blighttown, not firelink. Also you get humanity based on killing enemies in an area where the boss is still alive. All enemies in at area where you have not yet killed the "boss" of it give you invisible points which differ based on the enemy. Once you get 100 of these points you cant see and that the game doesnt tell you about you get a free humanity. You ALSO get it for having a player rate your messages but 99% of people dont really bother rating so It's not really a good way. Just get the DLC and go kill humanity phantoms or if you don't want to DLC then go kill plague babies infront of Nito's chamber for a ton of humanity farming!
0 0

What armor should I equip? Unanswered HardestHag
Can I beat Ornstein & Smough? Unanswered Captain_Smirk
can anyone help me in defeating Seath the Scaleless on NG+?? Unanswered snake79779
Knight Artorias help? Unanswered JAKOB06070-0
Why do I now have 20 estus at every bonfire without kindling? Unanswered Marligames