Question from TheMrHuggles

What does Humanity do?

I am curious about the purposes of having your humanity resorted. There do not seem to be any drawbacks in this game (as opposed to Demon's Souls) while playing as a hollow. Please let me know if there is any real impact on the player (like stat changes or something else).

ham_sandwich_ answered:

Humanity makes you human if you reverse hollowing at a bonfire. It can also be used to kindle the bonfire to give you more estus flasks.
Also, the more humanity you have in your counter (not inventory), the more item drops you will get. So if you're trying to get materials for your weapons you want lots of humanity to increase the chances of finding them when you kill an enemy. You also increase your item discovery rate by being human (not hollow) in the first place.
Also, humanity scales with some weapons and spells. For example a chaos weapon or spell does more damage if you have high humanity.
Also, if you want to see everything the game has to offer, like secret characters, then you will need to be human (not hollow) in certain areas.
So, it's best to be in human form for as much of the game as possible.
0 0

I had 5 humanity, i now have 0, why? Open subllime48
Humanity? Answered gabranthjj
Where can I find humanity to buy ? Open D280ZX
How do i put humanity in my counter? Open revopreacher
What is humanity and why do you need or want it in this game? Answered Thanos_Galactus