Question from Magus59

What makes my soul counter go up automatically?

Sometimes when I'm grinding in this game, my soul count goes up after killing enemies. Why does this happen, and how can I make it happen more often?

Is it really random? I read somewhere that it has to do with killing enemies in area's where the boss isn't dead yet, but I've been grinding in the catacombs and I haven't killed pinwheel yet, and I haven't gotten anything.

Also, is it better to grind on the rats when I need more humanity?

Answers

RooftopFox answered:

The Soul Count occasionally goes up when an enemy you have alerted chases you and goes headlong over a cliff.

In respect of humanity the best place to grind for humanity is the baby skeleton pool in the Tomb of the Giants. Make sure to have the Covetous Gold Serpent equipped. Also have a few humanity in the counter to increase the drop rate.
0 0

nedrith answered:

it does have to do with killing enemies where the boss isn't bad. in respect to the catacombs, first they won't give anything unless the necromancer is dead and then of course the skeletons are weak monsters at best, the stronger the monster the more likely, seems it's more of a partial humanity counter.

rats are decent if you have the gold serpant ring, however unless you need eyes of death from the basilsks that are nearby I would go to either the duke's archives and kill the monsters at the bottom or the more commonly used baby skeleton pool right before gravelord nito.
0 0

Is there a PvP exploit that makes backstabbing super-easy? Open Darkunov
How do i put humanity in my counter? Open revopreacher
Anyone got a spare Soul of Sif? Answered Nexidal
how do I use the moonlite soul? Answered Pinkyleegreen12
Soul glitch? Answered spencer00018