Best overall armor for defense?

1. I recognize that the Giant's set has the best defense overall.

But can anyone give a list of best individual pieces considering weight, resistances and poise.
    e.g. Elite knight chest piece is widely considered the best chest piece in the game given its weight/resist ratio and lack of a stamina penalty.

In particular, I'm after helm, gauntlets, leggings and shield

User Info: 0strava

0strava - 4 years ago

1. Well you want defense but what kind of defense do you really want, physical defense, magical defense, a mix of both. Personally i like the mix of both but i still cant find a set armor that has that. So i just got some armor from different sets and so far its working out. I have the Gargoyle Helm, Gold-Hemmed Black Cloak, Silver Knight Gauntlets and Crimson Waistcloth. with all that on you magic and physical defense is pretty good if you want locations let me, know i can tell you where to find them.

User Info: dante5384

dante5384 - 4 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. The Heavy armor with most defense is Havel's set, but it weighs a ton. The Middle weight armor that is best would probably be elite knight or black iron. Not sure on Light armor, but black leather has a reasonable weight and pretty good defense defense.

For a shield, I've heard the eagle shield is pretty great. The only side effect is it can't parry. The overally best shield if you want stability and the ability to parry is I believe the Silver Knights Shield.

User Info: Robin_Dude

Robin_Dude - 4 years ago 1 1
  2. The armor set I would go for is the Steel armor set because it has got defense and isn't to heavy.

User Info: Cezovic

Cezovic (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 1
  3. Personally, I love Smough's armor set. It has great defense and poise for its weight. Plus you look absolutely ridiculous. :D

Also, because of the graphical glitch where the armor hides your hands, the set is great for trolling people. If you hold a small shield and a talisman, no one will know because you don't have arms! :D

User Info: chubbychecker3

chubbychecker3 - 2 years ago 0 0
  4. Go here for a guide on best light/med/heavy armor for each type:
    darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor+Comparison+and+Best+Armor

User Info: TF2IsAwesome

TF2IsAwesome - 2 years ago 1 0
  5. Sorry it took 3 years for your question to actually be answered, but here is what I've found. The highest physical defense using individual armor pieces (not counting D.L.C) is all giant armor +5 except for the helmet which is the black iron helmet +5.

User Info: OMadroxO

OMadroxO - 2 years ago 0 0
  6. Stone, Giant's, and Havel's are pretty much all the same with slight differences inbetween. Use any of those and you'll be tanking for days, son.

User Info: Valukk

Valukk - 7 months ago 1 0