Question from 0strava

Best overall armor for defense?

I recognize that the Giant's set has the best defense overall.

But can anyone give a list of best individual pieces considering weight, resistances and poise.
e.g. Elite knight chest piece is widely considered the best chest piece in the game given its weight/resist ratio and lack of a stamina penalty.

In particular, I'm after helm, gauntlets, leggings and shield

dante5384 answered:

Well you want defense but what kind of defense do you really want, physical defense, magical defense, a mix of both. Personally i like the mix of both but i still cant find a set armor that has that. So i just got some armor from different sets and so far its working out. I have the Gargoyle Helm, Gold-Hemmed Black Cloak, Silver Knight Gauntlets and Crimson Waistcloth. with all that on you magic and physical defense is pretty good if you want locations let me, know i can tell you where to find them.
2 0

Answers

Robin_Dude answered:

The Heavy armor with most defense is Havel's set, but it weighs a ton. The Middle weight armor that is best would probably be elite knight or black iron. Not sure on Light armor, but black leather has a reasonable weight and pretty good defense defense.

For a shield, I've heard the eagle shield is pretty great. The only side effect is it can't parry. The overally best shield if you want stability and the ability to parry is I believe the Silver Knights Shield.
1 1

Cezovic answered:

The armor set I would go for is the Steel armor set because it has got defense and isn't to heavy.
0 1

chubbychecker3 answered:

Personally, I love Smough's armor set. It has great defense and poise for its weight. Plus you look absolutely ridiculous. :D

Also, because of the graphical glitch where the armor hides your hands, the set is great for trolling people. If you hold a small shield and a talisman, no one will know because you don't have arms! :D
0 0

TF2IsAwesome answered:

Go here for a guide on best light/med/heavy armor for each type:
darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor+Comparison+and+Best+Armor
1 0

OMadroxO answered:

Sorry it took 3 years for your question to actually be answered, but here is what I've found. The highest physical defense using individual armor pieces (not counting D.L.C) is all giant armor +5 except for the helmet which is the black iron helmet +5.
0 0

Valukk answered:

Stone, Giant's, and Havel's are pretty much all the same with slight differences inbetween. Use any of those and you'll be tanking for days, son.
1 0

Best Light Armor with great defense? Answered AwesomeFace2012
Whats the coolest/best defense hood? Answered AwesomeFace2012
What is the best armor to wear? Answered Cuxn
I need some armor advice? Open brokenjera
Best armor pieces? Open azn_man-_-