Question from ElderScrollKid

Demons great hammer (question below) ?

I'm wondering do I have to kill the asyulum demon the first time I see him or can I die and try again? (if I die then kill him do I get it?)

Answers

Lcoz answered:

You have to kill the Demon before lighting the bonfire. If you die while fighting him before lighting the bonfire, then you can respawn and give it another shot. Firebombs make it relatively easy to kill the Demon the first time around, but if you fail, it's HP will reset.

You obtain the hammer later on in the game by trading a sack (helmet) with Snuggly the crow. It's also much easier to obtain the hammer in NG+ where you start off with your weapons and armor.
1 0

dargonite answered:

When you start new game + just kill him the first time you see him then he will drop it then the knight thats dying will give you the key to go through if your trying to do it on your first playthrough its pretty hard since all you have is a straight sword hilt and no shield but its possible
0 0