Question from kucharz5081

Is my build a good idea for NG+ ?

Hello, i want a build that's quite specific:
VIT-want to get it up pretty high
ATT- want to have about 5-6 spells, so that's like 25-30
END- want max stamina, so 40
DEX- just want to meet the requirements for the weapons
STR- same as dex, but i'll be capping this one out at 20 or less
INT- want to have enough for Homing Soulmass
Now, as you can see, i plan to be using mainly enchat weapons with such low DEX/STR, i'm thinking quellag furysword for the hell of it, lightning claymore, lightning black bow of pharis.
Will this work ?

kucharz5081 provided additional details:

I mean 24 INT for homing Crystal soulmass.
So what would you say is better, tha claymore or zweihander ?

Answers

XgamerlogicX answered:

I wouldn't use the fury sword but you could make a new and better chaos wepon for the catacombs also make sure to bring a divine weapon there to. for the claymore vs zweihander its all about prefrence claymore is faster but dosnt do as much damage while the zweihander does better damage its slower i guess thats a matter of preference.
0 0

haarlem1982 answered:

I would focus on one of the attacking stats, this way you'll be more limited in your options, but you;ll have a higher damage output.

I'm getting the idea you want an int build, so focus on that. The moonlight greatsword and velka's rapier are great weapons for int builds.

As asidenote, your casting time goes down the higher your dex gets, capping at 45.
0 0

neohampster answered:

Its perfectly useable but ANYTHING is. I built a dex gimic where ALL my points when into dex until it was 40 and I beat the game with that character so anything is possible. That sounds like a standard Int gimic run to me but I would shy away from greatswords, they still get too much bonus from strength and your strength will be terrible. Stick with rapiers and spears for physical weapons. They do less damage but remember they swing around WAY faster, cost less stamina to swing and weight less letting you keep your equip weight down and roll speed up. A bad mistake players make is looking at just the damage of a weapon, remember DPS please. Physical damage on a Demon's Greataxe +15 is higher then a Man Serpent Greatsword +15 but the greatsword is lighter, has a MUCH better attack animation and swings faster with less stamina pull which honestly makes it much better and (i believe) gives it a higher DPS.

Number 1 tip for Dark Souls: Pick at attack animation you like THEN look at damage outputs and how it effects your build. Trust me I saw a Dex character using a greataxe once instead of a curved sword because it said the axe did 150 and the curved did 110...silly people.
0 0