Question from RavenBlade25

Smough Issues?

Ornstein and Smough. I have no difficulty getting Ornstein to die, yet every time Smough gets powered up, I can't get more than 3 hits in before he kills me. I'm a SL 59 with 23 VIT/23 END, 23 DEX and 20 resistance. I'm currently using the Black iron helm, Elite Knight armor +8, silver knigh gauntlets, and Havels leggings. The only reason I don't wear full Havels is because I fat roll when I do. I cannot beat these guys for the life of me.

If you are in human form try summoning the phantom that is on the far stair case when you enter the grand hall via the roof. If the sign is not there then you will need to back track to the undead berg section before the bridge with the big dragon guarding it and speak to the npc twice then he should appear by the bonfire in Anor Londo inner speak to him twice again and his sign should be on the stairs.
Alternatively put ornstein and smough on hold and go to dark root garden to farm souls to improve your stats to a level that you feel capable with taking them on. Another important item to equip is either the Havels great shield or the Giant shield due to stability and lightning protection.

With those stats they should be cake, although I'm sorry to tell you that 20 resistance is a waste...

Anyway, the key for beating big Smough is to stay close to him, almost hugging him, this way, he will almost never do his rush attack and his other attacks will miss most of the time. It also helps if you try to get behind him.

Another thing is to keep your stamina up, never hit him more than once or twice and don't get greedy thinking you can get more hits in.

The only real danger with this method is his butt slam, get a shield with good lightning defebce, like the silver knight shield, dropped by the knights in the same area, here's also where the stamina comes in, if you block the lightning AOE, it will take off a huge chunck of stamina, but little hp. You have all the time you need to heal while he gets back up.

you need lighter armor and like haarlem1982 said, stay close to him when u see him jump roll away a couple of times because the aoe on that butt slam is ridiculous. Other than that you should be fine, a little bit a poise can also help. :) good luck.