Question from xuphor

How do you get the ability to control the golem via auto-pilot waypoints?

I must have missed it somehow.... I've done all requests I come across, I have Pandora as a real citizen now,I've beaten the Earth Shrine, and some other "later" points I hear of in the boards, but I still can't control the golem by waypoints. I mean I literally do not have the ability, pressing down on the d-pad does nothing at all.

Rubescent- please actually read the question entirely before replying, I clearly stated pressing down on the d-pad does absolutely nothing.

after you press down on the d-pad just press the X button to mark it and then hit it again to go to that spot you can also do this from your map

What can you do while riding the golem, and what button do you push for it?

Step 1. Start driving the golem.

Step 2. Press select (I do this in order to look at the map with the game paused). Or you can press down on the D-pad (if so skip step 3).

Step 3. Locate where you are wanting to go on the map and select around where you want to place your first waypoint and hit X (The autopilot does a direct line to where you are going so you will have to navigate around barriers).

Step 4. Set your first waypoint by hitting X, move the cursor and select your next waypoint, etc. (Note: If the path turns from blue to red you have commanded your golem to drive over something it cannot pass).

Step 5. When you are done setting your waypoints (with the cursor still on a waypoint) hit X. Your golem will then autopilot to where you want to go (Note: if you want you golem to stop walking press X).

When you are done driving press down to go back into the normal 3rd person view driving your golem, or up to go back to your character.