Question from HipHopBeats

Can I avoid multiplayer and still get the best ending?

I want to purchase ME3 but would like confirmation if there is a way to avoid playing multiplayer in order to get the 'best' ending.

Theres a bonus easter egg scene u might miss of commander shepard which requires u to choose a specific ending and play multiplayer(4000+ war assets or 5000)....some people consider this to be the "best" ending.

But u can just watch it on youtube the ending isnt important....just enjoy the journey.

You need 5000 war assets to get best ending. SO if you don't mp at all, you'd need 10,000 (50% reduction)

In order to get your Effective Military Readiness high enough, you need to increase your galactic readiness rating. The quickest and most common way to increase it is through multiplayer. However, there is another method available.

If you have an iphone, ipad or Android device, you can buy Mass Effect: Infiltrator (I believe it costs around $6.99). Or you can download the free app Mass Effect 3: Datapad. I personally haven't played Infiltrator, but I have tried Datapad. Trying to get your readiness % high enough with Datapad will take a LONG time. It'll take about 5 hours just to raise one section by 1%.

You can get the best ending without playing multiplayer if you download the extended cut expansion for the game. With the extended cut expansion they reduce the number of war assets needed to get all endings from 5,000 down to 3,100.