How do I beat the frost troll on the way to High Hrothgar?

1. I am a level 9 wood elf and I can't kill him even with some fire scrolls.

User Info: win543

win543 - 5 years ago

1. Yeah a decent fire casting and lots of arrows less than (100 iron), What I did was when I approached him and he came around the corner I just ran backwards and looked for a heightened ledge to jump onto. and there is one on the left where he can't get you . Look for it before you cross the pass its on the left. Or basicly any ledge or big flat rock things I'm not sure what u would call these terrain pieces. It seems like any place where you jump onto nothing can get you , I do this all the time with Giants and mammoths or saber tooths.
    It seems like none of these things can Jump!!!
    So i just blasted fire in both hands at the frost troll and when magika had to recharge I whiped out my bow and started shooting him and keep repeating until he's dead! :D

User Info: mozu650

mozu650 - 5 years ago 0 0

1. Fire. Spells, scrolls, enchantments, poisons, and shouts. And don't forget plenty of healing potions. When you're seriously hurt, use R2 to sprint away from it and heal and use your strongest fire spells from a distance, dual-wielded if possible. It may take a while, but it should work.

User Info: mastergamer0001

mastergamer0001 - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. Yeah, Fire is very useful against the frost troll. What i did, was i had someone following me as a hired sword and they distracted the troll so i could go in from behind and use spells and my axe.

User Info: Kahasa

Kahasa - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. I would suggest keeping lots of magicka and health potions on hand. The only thing I really did was backpedal while casting Flames from both hands, and chopping at it with my sword when I had no other option. As long as you have a good idea of the path and don't get hung up on anything, the backpedaling method should work pretty well for you.

User Info: Seven_Fates

Seven_Fates - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. Be a sneaky little dick. I killed him by launching arrows at him and he didn't even notice me. He'll heal a little bit but its not enough for the effort to be wasted. If he does catch you, and your weapon based skills aren't good or you don't have anything boosting magic-based fighting...Use the "Healing Left-Fighting Right" tactic. Running will screw you over greatly

User Info: Spartan_Jedi117

Spartan_Jedi117 (Expert) - 5 years ago 0 0
  5. I used a paralysis poison on it which let me get three power strikes off. It nearly killed me before i remembered I had that poison.

User Info: swellingpkoofis

swellingpkoofis - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. I killed him at level 6 with the starting fire spell in both hands. All I had to do was back pedal.

User Info: That_Ninja_Why

That_Ninja_Why - 5 years ago 0 0
  7. take your bodyguard, you distract the troll while your bodyguard attacks from behind. stay between close to mid range to distract the troll. DONT WALK BACKWARDS, you dont have to fight the troll, let your bodyguard do the killing. Oh hey, sidestepping is the new walking backwards, you move faster when sidestepping and you can also see the troll (enemy) at the time

User Info: M_Dogg_Razgriz

M_Dogg_Razgriz - 5 years ago 0 0
  8. I mean at the same time

User Info: M_Dogg_Razgriz

M_Dogg_Razgriz - 5 years ago 0 0
  9. Lower the difficulty, kill him, put it back.

User Info: Onooki

Onooki - 5 years ago 0 3
  10. I rode up there on my horse and simply trotted past with no trouble. However on the return journey with the newly improved Thu'um, he was little bother.

User Info: warrenw9

warrenw9 - 5 years ago 0 0
  11. Fire, burn that mother to dust, and back up as you do, running away if required. I used the basic flame spell that you get starting the game.

User Info: the_Rieper

the_Rieper - 5 years ago 2 0
  12. Double wield the Flames spell and walk backwards.

You can sometimes get lucky and the Troll will get caught on rocks.

User Info: llaW_Enots

llaW_Enots - 5 years ago 0 0
  13. Run? lol, I just ran past it, going to come back to it later, its not like its THAT important to beat it when your going up there.

User Info: lupinswitch99

lupinswitch99 - 5 years ago 0 0