Instant Kill hits?

1. I've performed these before, but I've got no clue how I did...Anyone know how or is it just random?

User Info: Spartan_Jedi117

Spartan_Jedi117 - 5 years ago
    I've gotten these in direct combat. Not sneaking around.

User Info: Spartan_Jedi117

Spartan_Jedi117 - 5 years ago
    I don't sneak for my instant kill strikes...I look them in the face and say "Die"

User Info: Spartan_Jedi117

Spartan_Jedi117 - 5 years ago
    So the finishing strikes are all random? I've done five or six finishers on dragons and 10-15 on humanoids and double that for animals and trolls. And another file, every close quarters sneak-kills are throat-slitters.

And before I forget...Recently I joined the Dark Brotherhood, killed everyone up til the Gourmet's friend (he's dead now). My sneak skill is in the 50s' so I don't worry about detection too much. Anyway, I got the identity of the Gourmet and killed his friend with the sneak-based instant kill strike. His back was turned and I did my usual thing (pick pocket and then kill). Undetected, I slit his throat and was called for murder by his helper lady. Should I've not been caught?

User Info: Spartan_Jedi117

Spartan_Jedi117 - 5 years ago
    If you have dual swords and your undetected, you can sneak behind soemone and do an epic assassination animation. If you fail, you do fatal damage and can just end it doing unrelenting force.

User Info: justin303068

justin303068 - 4 years ago

1. The cinematic one hit kills you are referring too are for the most part random and situational. Im not exactly sure but in my experience...they usually occur when you deal a killing blow and the enemy you hit is the last in the surrounding area. There is also a "slitting someone throat" animation that can be performed by sneaking up behind a humanoid target (like a thug or bandit) and hitting them while hidden in sneak mode.

User Info: ZzSniperHawkzZ

ZzSniperHawkzZ - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I'm pretty sure it's just random. I know you have to be sneaking, and I'm pretty sure you have to be behind them. Then it's all up to luck.

User Info: whatmustido

whatmustido - 5 years ago 0 2
  2. I've done those special kills with out sneaking or being behind them but it is random.

User Info: jerrypylant

jerrypylant - 5 years ago 1 0
  3. The instant kill hits start happening when you equip a certain perk. I forgot the name, but the description says you will get a 25% chance of decapitating your enemies. It comes with both one-handed and two-handed weapons. So it's luck you need to rely on for executing your enemies IN STYLE :D (For example, wwhen dual wielding, you will take the head of an enemy between your weapons in a cross-like position, and then slice it off! I <3 that move)

User Info: SanFTW95

SanFTW95 - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. The sneaking "instant kill" will always appear as long as your sneak attack one-shots the enemy.
    So if you 15x damage + 2x damage gloves sneak attack oneshots them a animation will be shown but if it doesnt you have to cut them down the old fashion way.

User Info: piknim

piknim - 5 years ago 1 0
  5. I think it is based on how much health your enemy has. It probably occurs when your opponent has 30-70 health left.

User Info: SYRUKON

SYRUKON - 5 years ago 1 0
  6. The instant cinema kills are done by the critical chance i have instant killed at full health often and i do not sneak so if a critical would kill an oppenent you recieve a cinema kill.

User Info: Ugofforcbane

Ugofforcbane - 5 years ago 0 0
  7. Also decapitate allows you to be able to behead people as a cinema kill and is quite fun when used with the running slash power attack

User Info: Ugofforcbane

Ugofforcbane - 5 years ago 0 0
  8. Well i found a way to do it on wolves 24/7 just wait til they pounce and powerattack... ususally works, also works on peeplz if they low on health and staggered... usually

User Info: Jferret523

Jferret523 - 5 years ago 0 0
  9. If the killing blow is a critical hit you will always get a finisher (instant kill) hit. Power attacks increase the chance for critical hits.

User Info: EnviousSoul

EnviousSoul - 5 years ago 0 0
  10. From what I have seen it is any time you get a critical hit that will kill an enemy, by the time you have a Deadric weapon you get them pretty consistently on wolves and bears as their low HP makes a one hit kill always happen and perks will be making critical hits happen more often.

User Info: Blodassassin

Blodassassin - 5 years ago 0 0
  11. If it's the one when where u go to the 3rd person view and u get the final blow on someone it's probably random but if u were sneaking the u probably just got enough extra damage to kill them instantly

User Info: jakeykakes

jakeykakes - 5 years ago 0 0
  12. The finishing moves, which are the instant kill ones, where you run your sword thru an opponent, etc. are done at random. Skill in any particular weapon, level of health, stamina(or lack of) has no part of it. This also applies to skill "perks" which enable special instant kills, such as the one handed decapitation one - I've had it for 3 levels now and only had it performed once.

It's pretty cool to see one done on a Dragon - I wont spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it yet, but I will say don't panic and think you died at first LOL.

User Info: Shotgunner

Shotgunner - 5 years ago 0 0
  13. It is RANDOM.There is a set percent chance of it happening.It will not change unless you use a specific console command to change the chance.

User Info: theplqa

theplqa - 5 years ago 0 0
  14. Yea sure but this one bandit keeps using instant kill on me. how do u avoid them.

User Info: Snitch101

Snitch101 - 4 years ago 0 1
  15. It's random and based off of a modifer bared in the game stats. I don't think there is anyway to check/modify this on the ps3 version aside from maybe hacking the game. On the pc you can use the console to find or change what your modifier is. I think it is stored as a decimal, which translates to a percentage chance that you will get that type of hit (this is the system for decapitations, crits, and death blow animations.)

User Info: otakuman706

otakuman706 (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0
  16. It's purely random, but there are some perks which increase the chance of it happening. I believe there's a perk in the two-handed tree? Not sure, haven't seen it in a while, but it's just a random kill that you get. Look out for the words 'Critical Strike' on the Perks section.

User Info: danteallege

danteallege - 4 years ago 0 0
  17. It's a chance based on the enemies health or yours depending who's receiving the blow. example: dragon's will almost always eat you if they can one hit you, or if they can deplete the rest of your health with a bite and you are in front of it. mosf of the time i get one hit deaths it's because my health has fallen below 50% and i was killed with a power strike. i, too, got finishing movie animations on dragons by swinging my axe normally but i dont get them one hit power striking dragurs most of the time. Looks like it's chance related.

User Info: rymachelin

rymachelin - 4 years ago 0 1
  18. I too have this doubt, but basing on the situation so far i think these finishers are random with a condition related to health or some critical strikes and other stats. But so far the one hit finisher worked on the enemies with less health and lower levels. So i guess its not totally random and it must have a logic. At start this happened often with a sword and gradually the rate decreased so i hope swords got some chance of getting some criticals.

User Info: Bhargav_pvs

Bhargav_pvs - 4 years ago 0 0
  19. All those are is your character scoring a critical hit that happens to do enough damage to deplete the remainder of the enemies health.

User Info: rowgue34

rowgue34 - 4 years ago 1 0