Am i going to be able to use the dragon scales/dragon bones to make armor later on in the game?

1. Im not sure what to do with them, ive killed 10 dragons and I now have a bunch of these items and no idea what to do with them.

User Info: Scookm1

Scookm1 - 5 years ago

1. Yes lvl 100 smithing grants you the perk to create dragonbone(heavy) and dragonscale(light).

User Info: RA1STL1N_

RA1STL1N_ - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Thats what im guessing. I have all my dragon bones and scales set up in my Breezehome house until i get another 20 smithing points to make it.

User Info: benjamin2029

benjamin2029 - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. I sell mine, but yes, at level 100 Smithing, you can make Dragon armor. There are light and heavy versions. Keep in mind, however, that Daedric actually has the highest Heavy Armor stats. The reason it's available at 90 Smithing is because the parts to make it(Ebony Ingots and Daedra hearts) are far harder to collect than dragon.

For light armor users, Dragon is the best.

User Info: bladeofomega

bladeofomega - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. Also to make the plate version you will need scales as well as bones, far less bones for that matter. Just made all but the boots this morning (ran outta scales). there are also no weapons to be made with the dragon parts.

User Info: DaemonShadows

DaemonShadows - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. Well considering the dragon scale armour my thief is rocking.... I tink dat issa Yep

User Info: Jferret523

Jferret523 - 5 years ago 0 0
  5. @bladeofomega, actually I found my heavy dragon armor to be better then daedric. Much better to be exact. What are you talking about? Did you upgrade your dragon armor?

User Info: jhonel83

jhonel83 - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. You can forge armor with Dragon scales and bones. Light (mostly made of scales) or heavy armor (mostly made of bones). You need to have the perk activated, and that can only be done when you have 100 in smithing. You can also upgrade these armors, granting a pretty high level of defense, but the final results will highly depend of the perks equipped, and remember that depending of your heavy/light armor perks, you need to equip an entire set to obtain the bonuses and then see the true defense.

Note that you cannot forge dragon weapons, so even if you wear light armor, you may want to activate deadric weapons and forge/enhance a deadric weapon (it is true that you can enhance any equipment without activating the corresponding perk, but the results will be highly better with the perk activated)

User Info: The_Dark_Monk

The_Dark_Monk - 4 years ago 0 0
  7. I cant ask questions. whuy?

User Info: alexvoorhees

alexvoorhees - 4 years ago 0 1
  8. You can use the Dragon Bones and Scales to make Dragonplate and Dragonscale Armor at a smithing skill of 100. If you upgrade them at a workbench then they are much better than Daedric Armor. However Like Dark Monk said you cannot make dragon weapons. My char is currently wearing Dragonplate and dual-wielding daedric swords. The armor is the best you can get in the game.

User Info: Ph0en1xFlam3

Ph0en1xFlam3 - 4 years ago 0 0
  9. That's wierd; I crafted my dragon plate and Daedric armor at the same time and upgraded them at the same time; all my smithing perks are activated, and my skill was 100, of course, but I found that my Daedric armor was better than the dragon plate too.

User Info: Mythranil

Mythranil (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0
  10. I believe that if dragon armor isn't naturally as strong as Daedric, it might just be slightly lighter and faster to move in.
    Apparently steel is stronger than Dwarven, according to my friend. But that could be dependent on his smithing level.

User Info: malawoala

malawoala - 4 years ago 0 0
  11. not even skyforge steel is better than Dwarven; but Legendary steel is better than Dwarven that's a given.

User Info: rymachelin

rymachelin - 4 years ago 0 0
  12. Deadric base stat is better by 2 armor rating per peice ( or 10 for a set) therefore gets bigger upgrades from improving it. However keep the bones and scales, they make great armor sets for your housecarls or other companions. Imagine if you will, be married to mjol the lioness ( who can NOT die) in a full set of upgraded dragonplate armor? That is an amazing combo right there

User Info: Artef

Artef - 4 years ago 0 0
  13. Yes. You need 100 smithing and must get perk. You can also sell them to armor, weapons, and general store dealers

User Info: pokemonbakugan

pokemonbakugan - 4 years ago 0 0